46-backstory

This feeling.

I wanted it to last forever...

It took me a while to have all my energy back, but being a vampire did help my recovery.

I kept thinking of what Ana had told me long ago, well it felt like it was a long time ago. I remembered her talking about Elizabeth, Raven's ex lover who apparently got killed.

I lifted my eyes up to look at Raven who was sitting behind me and turned around after making eye contact. She looked at me confused, but she let me turn around and waited for me to speak.

"Can I ask a question? You can answer only if you want to... I know this is a sensible topic around you..." I asked her.

"What is it?" Looking at her, I wasn't sure if she was pissed or comprehending, but I pushed my doubts aside and went for it.

"How... how did Elizabeth... die..? You really don't have to answer if you don't want to, I kno-"

"King." She interrupted me, looking straight into my eyes with no emotions whatsoever.

"King..?" I was confused at the short answer, I needed more to understand what truly happened than the simple word "king".

"King, the leader of the horsemen." She answered briefly. I looked at her with deer eyes, unsure if I should continu asking questions or just let it be since she didn't look impressed or interested. She caught up on my inner dialogue pretty quickly, reading my face expressions like an open book.

"He thought that she was too much of a distraction," she lifted her arms, placing them both on each sides of the bathtub. I could hear the water dripping down from her fingers and slowly falling to the ground. The sound it made echoed in the room as I waited for Raven to continu what she was saying. She looked at me in the eyes and for a fraction of seconds I could read pain. Her deep red eyes who once shined with a glimpse of gold could only reflect darkness in the present moment, which made me realize that what had happened, still scared her to this day.

She laid her head back, looking at the ceiling, "he THOUGHT that I couldn't be his perfect little death pet, because of her... he wasn't even sure that she was the cause." She paused for a moment to recompose herself and from how she sounded moments ago, to stop any possibilities of crying, too.

"So he invited us to this party, and he made sure that everyone important was there," she was clenching her teeth more and more with every word, "and when diner was over, he waited until the very last second, when I was saying goodbye to the people HE invited, because that was my job, I was his pet. He used me like a trophy, he used my skills and intelligence like fucking jewelry..." she paused once again, trying to control her temperament.

She lifted her head and looked to the side with dark and emotionless eyes, "when I first turned into a vampire, when HE turned me... he gave me to some scientists and he specified where to be careful so I wouldn't die. And then he left. Leaving me into those dark and empty labs where the walls were white and the only lights that hit my eyes were some glitching candles that used to burn up way to fast, especially those in my cell... And he left me there..." she brought her hand to her lips and started playing with her bottom one while looking at the soaked floor, "he left me there for 200 years..." I looked at her with pity, just pure pity. How could she had survived that, how would someone not go completely insane after that? It didn't even make sense...