T-Rex Breakout Part 1

~Readers pov~

The car was stopped dead in its tracks not a bit of electricity on not even the emergency lights on the car worked.

The rain didn't go down either.

"This is just odd" dad said.

"Indeed it is Grant" Ian says.

"I'm going to go check on Gennaro and see if their radio works" dad says as he gets out of the car and runs up to the other one up front.

Ian looks at me and smirks.

"Your look so cute and innocent when you curl up like that " Ian says.

I blush deeply from his remark.

I heard his door open and then mine opened and Ian got in and sat down beside me.

I was still curled up scared.

"Come here I will protect you from all the phenomenons outside" Ian says and I lay next to him gently.

I could feel him playing with my hair gently.

Just when the moment was getting good my dad opened his door quickly and closed it he was soaking wet.

"Their radio is out to Gennaro said to stay put" dad said.

"Are the kids ok?" Ian asks.

"I didn't ask why wouldn't they be?" Grant asks.

"Kids get scared" Ian said.

"What are they scared of?" dad said.

"Kids get scared" Ian says.

"I didn't say they were scared " dad said.

"I know " Ian said and he was lost in space.

I grabbed Ian's hand gently.

We were all silent for a bit.

I looked out the window and could see the goat was still there on the other side of the electric fence.

I didn't think much of it when I started to here loud thumping noises coming this way.

I was getting tensed.

"Do you guys feel that?..." I ask.

Everyone went silent.

We could feel the car shaking with each thump that is moving closer.

"Maybe it's the power trying to come back on" Ian suggested.

I didn't believe that by a minute.

I looked out the window again only to find that the goat was gone.

"The goat is gone..." I said as I started to get more scared.

Both my dad and Ian look out the windows of the car and they could see the exact same thing.

I look off to the corner of me eye and could see one of the legs of the goat flying out of the fence and onto the top of Lex and Tim's car I started to gag.

I can't stand blood.

"Please don't throw up" Ian say in a pleading voice.

Gennaro ran out of the car in front of us he ran into the bathroom scared as ever what a whimp.

"Now where does he think he is going?" Dad asks.

"When you gotta go you gotta go" Ian answered his question.

I was still looked at the fence.

I could hear the T-Rex growling behind the fence she was testing to see if it still on and to all of out horror it wasn't.

"Dad I'm scared..." I whimpered out and curled up close to Ian for protection.

"Don't worry if the Rex somehow manages to break out be sure to remain still at all times she can't see you if you aren't moving" Dad explained.

I squeezed Ian's hand tightly he could tell I wasn't going to calm down for a little.

We could hear the fence coming apart we all were looking towards it and I could see the wires coming off one by one this was more scary then when I first discovered I had a shadow following me when I was younger.

I felt the ground shake hard.

The whole fence got ripped apart and now all I could feel was the Rex stomping on the ground made the ground shake with tremors.

"But I wish I wasn't right all the time" Ian said as he focused on the Rex just like my dad was going.

My dad was speechless he never got to see the Rex in person but now it's really up close.

It let out a loud roar as it stepped onto the road.

It roared again.

"Everyone keep still " dad said and I did.

Ian held me close in a protective way I accepted this as comfort.

I could feel the Rex coming close to it car because you can still hear the giant foot steps I looked out of the corner of my eye as I remained still.

My eyes shot wide open as I can see the Rex right next to the side of the car its head was banging against it while it growled and roared at the same time.

Something else caught my eyes as I could see at the front of me that a bright flashlight I knew who was making that light come on.

It was Lex and Tim.

The Rex looked towards the car and growled slowly.

"Turn the light off turn the light off." My dad said and I was agreeing with him on this one.

The Rex started to walk towards the car slowly while it followed the light.

To be continued