Forgiveness and Adventure

~Reader's pov~

I turned my head to see Ian in the door way he was watching me the whole time.

Must have followed me back home as well.

He walked towards me as I turn off the TV.

"Now do you see? I was forced to do that" he says in shame.

"But you still cheated..." I say quietly.

Ian remained silent.

"Please (Y,N), don't leave me...I need you in my life" he says as he grabs ahold of my right hand.

I didn't know what to say to any of this.

I felt guilty inside.

I wish I never slapped him.

"Ian I forgive you " I say as I hugged him tightly and I felt him giving me a hug back.

"Thank you (Y,N)" he said as he was breathing hard.

He must have almost had a heartattack.

We let the hug go.

"What did Hammond tell you? He told me about an Expedition to Site B. I wouldn't think about going there ever. Even if it's for research" Ian says.

I went pale for a second.

Hammond wanted me to go to Site B before Ian found out I had to think of a way to get out of here before Ian becomes suspicious.

"Oh Hammond told me the same thing but no big deal I wasn't planning on going anyways (lies)" I said.

"That's good otherwise I would have to tie you to the bed I don't want any harm done towards you" he says.

He pulls me in for a another hug.

His hugs were like being on a heating pad or being in a hot bath.

Ian let's go and looks down at me.

"I'm going to go take a shower, when I get out how about me and you go out for dinner?" He asks.

I knew I had to take this chance to leave for Site B.

"I would love to " I said with another lie.

He smiles and leans in for a kiss which I happily give back.

Ian smiles.

"I will be right back" he says as he walks up the stairs towards our master bedroom where the master bathroom is.

I had no time to waste.

I quickly ran to the side closet near the front door and opened the door while looking for my emergency bag that I use during Expeditions.

I found it and quickly pulled it out it had everything in there in needs for survival it even comes with a pop up tent and I have plenty of food and water.

I quickly grabbed my emergency outfit for I left a note on the table in the living room.

I wrote

Dear Ian,

I know you will not be happy to hear this but I'm going on the Expedition to Site B.

Hammond told me I myself had to go alone at first and do research on the Dinosaurs. Do not worry I have everything I need.

Please do not worry I will only be gone for 5 or 6 days on Site B.

I know that knowing you, you will be coming there to look for me which is expected.

But I'm leaving now and I hope to see you again.

I always love you and will miss you each day I'm alive.

Sincerely (Y,N).

I put the note down and quickly ran out the front door but I quietly closed the door.

Didn't want Ian to think I'm being suspicious.

I knew their was no turning back now.

Hammond said their is going to be a boat ready but he did say I'm going to be having some company coming along with me.

I could only hope that I come home in one piece.

And so I ran through the night towards me destination.