Prologue

Hi I'm Ashley Grant I'm Dr. Grant's daughter. I'm 17 and I help him on the dig site where I can help them on digging up dinosaur bones it's not a very hard job to do it's quite easy that is until you have to try to get the skeleton out of the ground.

I didn't know much about my mother all I know is that my dad tolled me she ran off after I was born and left me with him so basically I'm living my life without a mothers care but on the good side tho at least dad had Ellie to help out over the years she was always like a mother figure to me.

Today was the day we were about to finish digging up a Velociraptor it was all together it's rare to find a dinosaur skeleton that's all together usually I find a random piece of unknown dinosaur bones out of nowhere and it annoys me so much I swear it does.

I looked at the skeleton for a while and wondered what a Velociraptor would look like if it were alive this very day i was imagining that for a while now until i heard dad yell my name.

"Ashley! Come over here and check this out!" Grant yelled and i ran over to him.

"Yes dad? What is it?" I asked.

"Look at the screen and tell me what dinosaur that is lets see how good you know your dinosaurs " he said with a smirk.

"Its very simple dad it's a Velociraptor, carnivore 2 meters tall, long snout, binocular vision and also a pack hunter" I said to dad and he looked very impressed by my wording.

" very good Ashley you are learning well from reading and from me of course keep it up" he said and I nodded.

Just as I started to walk away I hear a helicopter flying this way I knew it was probably some business man trying to get my dad to buy something or try to get him into showing up for something important.

I walked over to the trailer and went inside and when I walked in I saw a old man that wore all white going through the fridge I didn't know what to say but I went back out of the door and yelled for my dad and Ellie and they came running.

My dad entered first and yelled "what the hell do you think your doing in here!" He startled the old man when the champagne bottle top flew across the room.

"Hey we were saving that!" He yelled again.

" but today I guarantee it" the old man said and dad went up to him and asked.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" He asked angrily.

" I'm John Hammond and im delated to meet you finally in person doctor grant" Hammond said as he shaked my dads hand and blew the dust off of his hand.

Ellie came in mad and said "ok who's the jerk!?" She said.

"Oh Ellie this Hammond, and Hammond meet dr Sattler" dad said as they shook hands.

"Did I say jerk?" Ellie said a little embarrassed.

"Its all fine my dear no need to apologize for it" Hammond said.

"And who is this young lady?" Hammond asked.

"That's Ashley my smart and wonderful daughter" dad said and I waved and smiled.

"Nice to meet you Ashley" Hammond said.

"Nice to meet you too" I said with a sweet smile.

"Now come sit sit" Hammond said as he got a glass out and Ellie tried to help.

"No no no no I can manage it dear I know my way around a kitchen I'll come right to the point. I would like the both of you to come to my island I bought it off the coast of Costa Rica I'm making a park that has wonders and wonders of attractions that no man or woman or even child would think they came to see, most people just come to visit zoos but this is a different type of park" Hammond says and I just sit there next to dad and Ellie I'm getting a little interested.

"We spare no expense, this park will drive kids out of there minds even parents if we are lucky" Hammond said.

"What kind of park is this?" Dad asks.

" let's just say it's right up both of your  allie" Hammond said.

"Oh we don't know...if" Dad and Ellie said at the same time.

"
Well I do I'm afraid. This particular peddle in my shoe represents my investors. They insist on outside opinions" Hammond said

"What kind of opinions?" Ellie asks.

"Well, your kind not to fine a point on it. I mean let's face it...in your particular field you're the top minds. And if I could persuade you, to sign off the park, give it your endorsement, maybe even pen a wee testimonial, I could get right back on schedule" Hammond said.

"I'm sorry Hammond that's impossible you see....we just dug up a new skeleton and...." dad says.

"I could compensate you by fully funding your dig site..." Hammond said.

"And this is a unusual time..." dad says.

"I could right any numbers in this checkbook" Hammond says.

Ellie and dad look at each other and Ellie clings her glass on dads and asks "where's the plane?" She asks.

"Yea where's the plane?" Dad asks and they both jump up in excitement.

"Are you going to be bringing your daughter along?" Hanmond asks.

"Do you want to come along Ashley?" Dad asks.

"Yes I do I've been at this dig site too long I need a little time away from it" I said with a smile.

"Then its settled everyone get packed" dad said and we all ran off and started packing while Hammond sat in the kitchen.