Triceratops

~your pov~

We walked through the tall grass that only went up to our knees I hope their wasn't any poison ivy in this stuff I would hate to have a rash on my skin.

Ian was the last one out of his car along with Gennaro they were really slow.

Tim was talking to my dad like crazy I couldn't believe it he was literally carrying one of my dads books with him I didn't know anyone read about them.

It was just mostly about how he got started digging dinosaur bones and so on and maybe some biography in it.

I never got the chance to read it.

"Does anyone else think we shouldn't be out here?" Gennaro yelled to all of us but everyone ignored him.

I would have to like he wanted to shut this place down why would anyone this place is genius like I know its playing god but I think its just us making creatures that haven't seen a human being in a long time.

I'm by far fascinated with dinosaurs.

We kept on walking.

Just then everyone stopped.

"Whoa whoa...everyone stay here" Dad said as he walked foward.

Tim looked annoyed and did what any little boy would do he didn't listen to what dad said and now he just walked after him.

"Timmy" Lex said annoyed and Ellie tried to grab Tim but it didn't work.

"Wow" Tim said.

And there before us laying in the grass was the most beautiful creature I've seen.

A triceratops.

"Don't be scared we hit her with some tranquilizers. She's sick" the worker said and we all walked forward to see this beautiful sight.

I almost started crying and Ian took notice.

"Are you alright there?" He asked me.

"Yes...I umm I just...haven't seen a more beautiful sight.." I said in a lol voice as I wiped a tear off my cheek.

I walked forward to get a closer look.

Ellie was petting the triceratops on the front horn that was on its nose.

"Hey babygirl.." she said in a excited low voice.

I gently rubbed the side of its head.

"I dreamed about seeing one of these when I was a kid but now she is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen" Dad said in a excited voice.

I've never seen him so happy.

Ellie was examining the triceratops closely to see what was wrong with her.

I looked over to my dad laying his head on the side of the Triceratops listening to its heartbeat slowly.

I felt the long horns that were on top of its head, they looked a little cracked from the previous ways it gets around.

I felt sorry for this creature.

I looked at Ellie and she was looking at the eye of the animal with a tiny flashlight.

"These are dialated come and look" Ellie said to the worker.

"Well all be damned.." the worker said.

"Their is a problem here maybe a local plant life" Ellie suggested as she walked over to a tiny bush.

"Is this West Indian Lilac?" She asks as she picks up a couple of pebbles.

"Yes they are highly toxic but the animals don't eat them " the worker said and Ellie looked confused.

"There is only one way to be positive I need to see the dinosaurs droppings " Ellie said and Ian walked behind her.

"Dino...droppings..droppings?" He asks Ellie and she nods.

He looked a bit grossed out a bit from that remark.

I got distracted by the sky and took notice that the sky was a bit gray today I think a storm is gonna be coming in soon.

I look out from the corner of my eyes and could see Ellie walking over to the biggest and I mean biggest pile of dinosaur shit I've ever seen.

Ian walked over to it slowly and took his glasses off slowly.

"That is one big pile of shit" he said and I tried to hold my laugh in.

Ellie was digging through it slowly with gloves on of course.

"Your right their is no trace of Lilac berries but that's so odd though..." Ellie said as she gets up and mumbles to herself.

Ian and my dad stood next to each other as Ellie walked away.

"She is...tenacious " Ian said.

"You have no idea" dad said.

Ian turned around as Ellie walked away.

"You have to remember to wash your hands before you eat anything!" Ian yelled at Ellie.

I was confused on that remark Ian made on Ellie.

I walked over to them both and stood between them.

"She really is a beautiful creature isn't she dad?" I asked my dad.

"She sure is (Y,N) she sure is.." he said as he put a hand on my shoulder.

Ian slowly took my hand into his I blushed a little.

He smirked to himself.

I heard a little thunder in the distance.

I started to grow scared I have a bad problem with thunder.

I'm like a cat in a thunderstorm.

Dad took notice.

"Don't worry (Y,N) the thunder won't hurt you " he said as he comforted me.

Just then all the sudden a loud boom came from the sky and it caused me to scream and hide before Ian.

Everyone was wide eyed when they heard my scream it was really high pitched.

"Shhh...shhhh its alright" Ian said as he hugged me.

Dad took notice of something else happening here and he didn't look happy either.

"Please tell me this isn't what I think it is" dad said.

I was silent for a while but I was still shaken up by the storm coming our way.

"It is Dr. Grant I'm in love with (Y,N) and we are already dating" Ian says and dad didn't look happy at all.

"(Y,N) is this true?" Dad asks in a serious tone.

I nod my head slowly and he looked down and shaked his head.

"We will discuss this later" he said in a serious tone and I wasn't going to be happy about this.

Just then Gennaro walked up and said to everyone.

"I highly suggest that we get moving" Gennaro suggested and that's when it started to ran hard on us out of nowhere.

We all started running back to the cars but Ellie suggested that she would stay behind with the worker to help the Triceratops.

I was running and running with everyone, Ian held my hand tightly as we ran I tripped along the way.

"Are you alright?" He asked loudly over the rain.

I nodded slowly and we started to run again.

We made it back to the cars and got in.

We all were soaking wet.