Finding Shelter

Your Pov

Levine smelled like piss and here I am being smart because Levine forgot one thing.

That piss can attract predators.

He would probably find out the hard way soon.

"We need to get to higher ground before it gets dark, we don't wanna risk being hunted again" I explain.

"But where?" Levine asks as he looks around.

"Let's find a tall tree that's easy to climb and stay up there until tomorrow, then we will try to get out of here" I explain.

Look at me being the brains of this expedition.

Levine thinks for a bit and he ends up agreeing.

We started walking through the dense humid type jungle carefully but in a fast pace because we don't wanna get chased again.

"Remind me to not go on an expedition with you again" I said to Levine.

He gave me an offended gasp.

"How was I suppose to know this was gonna happen!?" Levine asks me.

Of course he knew I was joking.

As we walked we heard a sound coming close to us it sounded like a little bird.

We looked towards that direction and saw a pack of Comps coming our way.

Me and Levine looked at each other and started running because we knew what those little fuckers could do and I don't wanna be the next victim.

They were chasing after us and I was praying that nothing bad would happen but I knew not everything comes out good in life.

We kept running until me and Levine found a tall tree.

"Climb hurry!" Levine says as we both start to climb up.

The Comps were gone now I guessed they realized that we were too fast for them.

The climbing was intense because one slip up and you fall and bust your skull open.

I was sweating my ass off.

"I can tell you for one thing the second I get back home I'm heading straight to the showers" I say as I breath heavily.

"Your almost up you can make it" Levine says as he holds his hand out for me to grab.

I take that opportunity and grab his hand.

He helps pull me up and I land onto a tall branch that was sturdy for the both of us.

I looked down and saw that we were both alone.

"Well we found shelter just in time it's almost night" Levine points out as the sun starts to set.

I felt a slight breeze run through my hair and I just laid there and wanted to sleep.