Climbing Down

Your Pov

Me and Levine couldn't get any sleep due to the fact that their were dinosaurs on this freaking island!

Like any minute a dinosaur could pop up and attack us at any given moment.

We needed to be at large around these parts.

"Do you think any help will come?" Levine says with a sigh.

"I know Ian will come, he has to knowing him he would probably risk his life for me, sure I caught him cheating on me but I know he will come for us" I explain.

"Why would he cheat on someone who is as beautiful as you?" Levine asks and he looks me up and down.

"Don't flatter yourself Dr. Levine" I said with a chuckle at the end.

I could hear Levine mutter something but I couldn't make it out.

"What was that?" I ask as I raise an eyebrow.

"OH nothing" he says with an innocent voice.

"Rightttt" I say slowly.

"We really should keep a move on we need to find a building or something, maybe a communication center" Levine says.

"But wouldn't the power be dead here?" I ask.

"No of course not! The generators here last a life time I should know I saw these in some notes" Levine says proudly.

I roll my eyes and chuckle.

"Fine I will take your word for it" I say and raise my hands in defense.

"But shouldn't we start moving now?" I ask.

"Yeah we actually should, at least we will keep our ground at bay" Levine says as he puts his backpack on.

I do the same.

"Look for a long vine for us to climb down" Levine says.

I nod and look around on the tree and I could see a long vine that was out of my reach but I knew I could probably get it if I stretched far enough.

Levine watched me as I stretched my length out towards the vine.

Sweat dropping off my forehead as I was trying to concentrate.

"Don't do it your not gonna be able to grab it" Levine says with caution.

"I can reach it" I say as it came to my finger tips and as I was about to grasp it I felt myself falling forward slightly.

I needed to be fast so I jumping forward and grab the vine hard.

"(Y,N)!" Levine yells as I fall which causes me to scream.

I could feel the vine tighten as I come closer to the ground.

I bet any animal around could hear me and that wasn't good at all.

Before I pictured myself hitting the ground my falling had stopped all the sudden.

I look around and saw that the vine had stopped about an inch above the ground.

I let go of the vine and collapse onto the ground and breathed in relieved.

Levine quickly came down the vine and checked on me.

"You scared me for a second there I thought you were gonna be a cracked egg on the ground" Levine jokes.

I glare at him and he helps me up.

"Let's just go find the communication center so we can go home " I say with a bit of shake to my voice.

Levine knew I was a bit scared from that incident and he nodded and we started to head off into the dense jungle.

I really wanted to be home.