Chapter 49

Kion moaned painfully as his eyes fluttered open. He blinked, trying to clear his vision. He couldn't lift his head but his eyes flickered around, trying to get a view of his surroundings. His head pounded and his stomach hurt badly. He let out a small whimper.

A spotted yellow figure that he just noticed shifted closer to him. "Kion? Are you okay?"

What's she saying... Who's Kion...? Oh... oh wait... I think I'm Kion... I think... who's she again? I know but.. I don't know... what's going on?

"Hello?" He mumbled.

"Kion?" She asked. "Are you okay?"

"Um... I don't know? What's going on? It hurts a little... who are you again? No.. no wait.. you're um... something...Li..." He tried to reply off the top of his head.

"Kion?" She asked again.

Kion was confused. Who's Kion? "What? Wait... who's Kion again? I forgot... no.. wait.. I think it's me...? Sort of."

"Nirmala!" Fuli called out. Suddenly, a brown lioness appeared. It walked towards them, carrying something in her mouth.

"What does Nirmala mean?"

"You don't remember Nirmala?" The spotted yellow figure next to him asked.

"Um I think so it sounds kinda familiar... I think she's... um... the Pride Night... she's in that and... she does things in the Life Tree?"

The yellow figure shook her head. "Kion, does your head hurt at all?" The brown lioness asked.

"Kinda yeah."

"These will help," the brown figure said and handed him some... what is it again? Leaves.

"Okay," Kion said, still feeling his stomach and head hurting. "What do I do with them?"

The brown lioness sighed. Kion didn't know what for. "Oh, right, you can't eat them. Also, you need to rest as much as possible."

"Why- AOOGGHHHH!" Kion groaned. He felt pain echoing all throughout him. Memories flashed in his mind, painful memories.

"Kion?!"

"Who- who is that.. no... I remember.... it's Jua...she.... it hurts... she pushed me off..." Kion shook with fear, trying his best to get all his thoughts into words, but he found it difficult. "J-Jua..."

"Wait, Jua pushed you off the cliff?"

"Yeah.... who are you again?"

The yellow figure sighed. "You don't remember?"

"Um.. I kinda do... your name is... Fu... umm.." Kion forgot what he was going to say.

"Fuli."

"Oh yeah yeah yeah! I know who you are. You're the... um... Bravest of the... Pride..?"

Fuli shook her head. "I'm the Fastest. Bunga is the Bravest."

"Oh yeah.. I know that. And Bunga... he's a honey badger right?"

"Right. Do you remember Beshte and Ono?"

"The Strongest and Smartest. I know. We're all on the..." Kion lost his thought as soon as he got it. He tried to remember what he was going to say but he couldn't. "Um... what was I saying?"

"We're all on the Lion Guard," Fuli finished for him.

"Right, the Lion Guard, I remember. And now we're all at the Tree of Life because I got..." Kion's thought was cut off again. He shook his head in confusion. "What was I talking about? I know I was talking about something. But I can't really.... um... what?" He blinked and looked at Fuli.

"Kion..?" Fuli asked uncertainly.

"Yeah..." Kion shook his head, "who are you again?"

"Nirmala." Fuli glanced in Nirmala's direction. "I think we have a problem."

"I can see that," Nirmala remarked.

Kion was confused. "What problem?"

Fuli glanced at Kion. "It's nothing Kion. You don't have to worry."

"What do you mean. You can tell..." Kion trailed off and shook his head. "Um... what?"

"Kion," Fuli sighed. A growl emitted from her throat.

"What?" Kion tilted his head in confusion.

Fuli narrowed her eyes. "Shut up and stay here. I don't want to deal with you."

"Wait.. what?"

"I SAID SHUT UP!" Fuli tried to drag herself out of the Tree of Life, leaving a confused and hurt Kion behind.

**

Ugh.... I can't deal with this! I wish I could help but I CAN'T! This is too much pressure! Kion was right... he should die. We would be better off! HE would be better off...! Ugh, no! Why would I think that?! Why did I think that?! It's not his fault this happened to him! I can't give up on him... it wouldn't be fair! But... this isn't... 

Fuli looked back at Kion regretfully. I tried and tried again to help him but his fate cannot be changed. He was destined to suffer... and I can't do anything about it.