Chapter 19

[FLASHBACK]
Fuli was running. She was running away from Pride Rock. Clearly, King Simba didn't approve of Kion's friendship with a cheetah. Only a few minutes ago Kion finally brought Fuli to meet his parents, she had known Kion for so long while never meeting them. When Kion started to introduce them, Simba started yelling.

"Cheetahs are tricksters and savages!" Simba yelled. "Kion, she's using you to get to ME!" Kion cowered below Simba's intimidating figure. "Dad, Fuli is NOT a savage!" Kion yelled back. Fuli couldn't believe Kion was talking back, screaming in fact, at his father, the KING, to defend her. "She's my friend! And I don't care if anyone says different!" "This is where you're wrong!" Simba shouted through a roar. "You're just a cub! You don't know anything about staying safe!"

"JUST BECAUSE SHE'S A CHEETAH DOESN'T MEAN SHE'S BAD!" Kion yelled at the top of his lungs. Simba looked at Fuli and growled. Fuli thought he was about to charge at her. Being a cheetah, she quickly outran him and ran out of Pride Rock, very fearful.

Fuli winced at the memory. She was far enough away from Pride Rock, so she slowed down and then came to a stop. What's wrong with me? She asked herself. Why does Simba hate me? Tears made their way down her cheeks.

After an hour or so, she saw Kion run up behind her. "Fuli! Are you okay?!" He asked her. She noticed that slowly but surely, hot tears were making their way down his cheeks. "Are you okay?" Fuli asked him. She had ran out of Pride Rock the moment Simba was about to chase her. Of course she would be okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine... aside from a huge lecture from my dad," he replied. Fuli shivered. She didn't want to imagine what it was like to get a lecture from the King, based on what she'd seen earlier.

"What did he say?" Fuli asked him. Hot tears rolled down his face once more. "I-I don't want to talk about it," Kion told her, his breaths shaky. Fuli knew there was more to it, but she didn't press.

"B-but Kion?" Fuli asked. "C-can we still be friends?"

"Of course," Kion replied. "What makes you think we wouldn't?"

"It's just that... that your dad says we can't be," Fuli told him. "Who cares what my dad says?" Kion asked her. "He can't control who I can be friends with."

"I guess you're right," Fuli replied. "But it's just, why are most of the Pride Landers wary of cheetahs?" What did we ever do?" She asked him, raising her voice. "Everyone in the Pride Lands always judges me! Just because I'm a cheetah!" She yelled. "It's not fair! What did I ever do?!"

"You didn't do anything," Kion told her, "I just wish they could all see what I see."

"What do you mean?" Fuli asked him, confused.

"What I see in you."

(Kion)
I don't care
What they all say
I just know that
Today
We can play
Out in the sun all day
Without a care about what they all say

I know that for some reason
They judge you by what you are
I don't know why this is
And I don't like it by far

I just wish that one day, they would see things the way I do
That no matter what you are
No matter if you came from near or far
Your heart can be true, too

I don't know why
They judge you because of your fur or your skin
I just wish they would all see
What matters is what's within

No matter how different we all are
We are the same in our heart
And we are all a part
Of the circle of life, love, death, and rebirth