Grudge Match

In the middle of a field, surrounded by wind turbines on a sunny day, a battle raged on. The two fighting exchanging blows as I struggled to escape from the overturned vehicle that was the Rust Bucket. Which had been victim to the enemy's attack as he tried to get to his target.

The day so far was not going well for my crew.

Gwen and Max were still recovering, groaning and shaking their heads as they came too when I finally peeked out the door. After struggling to open it because of the weird angle the Rust Bucket landed. I instantly spotted the two, or more specifically the shine of blue crystals as Diamondhead was launched back into a wind turbine.

My powers flared at the disadvantage Ben was put in by the surprise attack. The stars shining brighter than earlier when I used them. Protecting all of us from the crash so that we wouldn't get worse wounds.

"You are one sorry sight, Rockhead!" Kevin's insane voice cackled as Diamondhead stumbled to his feet.

"That's Diamondhead!" Ben shouted as I tumbled over the side of the R.V. Making my way towards the fight on unsteady legs, shaking like a baby deer just learning to walk. "And speaking of sorry sights, have you looked in the mirror lately?" I heard Ben sass.

"Not the time!" I exclaimed as I reached the blue alien's side. He only shot a glance down in relief, to caught up in the fight to have properly checked if any of us were alright. "Gwen and Grandpa Max are okay. A little out of it but okay."

"It's payback time for turning me into a freak!" Kevin demanded our attention by accusing us.

Diamondhead stalked forward with confidence. The invisible weight having been lifted from his shoulders. "You were always a freak Kevin. Its just now the ugly's on the outside."

"Dis me all you want, I'm still ten times better than you and your little girlfriend!"

"Could you stop assuming things Ugly." I hissed, ignoring the glare Kevin shot me over Ben's shoulder. "I mean really, I'm sure I could kick your butt into next Wednesday if I wanted to. Same as Ben. And we're not dating!"

Ben hesitated in his stance, tense shoulders dropping a little bit before he put the confident front back on. Kevin quick to take notice of weakness of any kind was fast to spit out his hateful, cocky words. "I've got all your powers, plus my own! I'm Kevin eleven!" He fired some of the crystals that Diamondhead could create.

I ducked behind Ben, using him as a living shield while the projectiles bounced off of him harmlessly. The blue alien even catching one with quick reflexes.

"To bad each one of those is only a tenth as powerful as mine!"

Ben went to get closer for another close combat fight. Only for Kevin to throw up Stinkfly's goop, blinding Ben and stopping him in place. "Ew! Gwen's right, this stuff is gross." He mumbled to himself, not noticing the abomination that Kevin was charging at him.

Darting in front of the crystal alien, I pitched a few fireballs at the Kevin. Stalling him only by a few seconds before he was on top of us. Taking hold of Ben in a strong, bruising grip and taking flight. Not before swinging his tail around and nailing me right in the face. Sending me rolling across the windswept fields.

I hopped to my feet as soon as I could, watching as Diamondhead crashed into a windmill. Taking a hold of the blade as he landed, then using it as a boomerang to retaliate against Kevin. Who was not expecting it, with the gloating laughs that cut off abruptly.

Kevin couldn't dodge in time, getting hit and spiraling out of the sky like a crashing plane.

The three of us gathered in a ragged circle, glaring holes at each other as we waited for the others to move. I noticed Ben holding his arm delicately in our stalemate.