Ken 10

(The reader is referred to as mom in this chapter. Also, it's in third person. )

In a futuristic city, towering above all the other skyscrapers was a golden building took center stage. A ring surrounded the top, and lining them were green lights.

But that wasn't the focus of this tale, instead what resided inside was.

Streamers of all colors decorated the walls and ceiling, a banner with the words happy birthday in the middle. Music blasted from the speakers, competing with the noise of voices talking. Balloons filling the ceiling in a range of colors. And a table off to the side, lined with so many sweets the kids darting around would have rotted ones when they left.

Off to the side two figures stood watching over the youngers guests. One though, in a spacesuit with the helmet off revealing a face half of stars and normal (s/c) features, had their arms folded. A angry expression refused to move from the their face, and they kept tapping their foot against the ground in impatience.

The elder beside them wearing a Hawaiian shirt and a robotic arm watched on in worry.

"Hey kid, he'll be here."

"Then tell me where he is Max?" they spat.

"(Y/n)..." A warning tone tinged the elder's voice.

"He promised he'd be here! And it's not like he can excuse it this time either, 'cause I took the day off." (Y/n) hissed. "He never misses our anniversaries but can't remember this!"

Grandpa Max sighed. "He'll be here."

In that moment, as if summoning him, a blast of air ruffled the pairs hair. In a flash of green light, a new person appeared.

His green eyes sparkled with mischief, a smile with a beard surrounding it revealing his smile lines. Short, cropped brown hair was ruffled along his head, and sideburns of white revealed his true age.

"Ben!" (Y/n) shouted, marching up to the men and poking his chest. "You are late!"

Grabbing the hand poking his chest, he brought it up to his mouth and kissed the palm. Wedding rings, gleaming a bright green color, wrapped around both the two's hands. "I know dear, but it was just one villain. A small-timer really."

(Y/n) raised a brow. "A small-timer? Great, explain that to him." They turned around, looking down as a figure approached.

"Told you I wouldn't miss the party." Ben said, turning his head to the side and down.

There, standing surrounded by his friends, was a kid that had a striking resemblance to the two heroes. He smiled, green eyes sparkling along with the stars that freckled his cheeks. Rushing forward, Ben kneeled to meet the hug coming his way.

"Thanks Dad." the boy exclaimed.

"You only turn ten once." Ben answered.

"Happy Birthday, Kenny!" The other kids chimed in.

(Y/n) stepped up, smiling down at their kid. "Now go play with your friends while we make sure the presents are in order, okay?"

Kenny smiled, stars flashing brighter along the bridge of his nose. "Yes Mom!" Then he ran off, waving at his friends and starting to talk. A few trails of stardust started to surround his head in his excitement.

(Y/n) looked away, holding out a hand to their husband. "Where's the bad guy?"

Shaking his head, the burnet man pulled out a pill shaped device, round and glowing orange to warn there was something inside. "Here it is." He turned to his grandfather then, holding it out. "Mind dropping this garbage in the null-void chamber, Grandpa?"