Midnight Maddness

"Five hundred stories, seventy-two restaurants, forty-eight movies screens, an indoor roller coaster," Gwen listed off as we left the "Mega-mall-opolis" after a good day of shopping. She held the guide book, which explained all the mall had to offer.

"We could spend the whole summer here! This mall has everything!" Ben chimed in as the four of us reached the Rust Bucket. He dropped to his knees as he praised the building.

We all gazed on in amusement at the dramatic brunet. Then sirens went off in the mall, a side exit opening as three security guards rushed out. Pointing their weapons at the shadowy figures which dart across the parking lot.

"Halt, in the name of mall security!" One of them shouted.

"Including their own police force." Grandpa Max stated in surprise.

"The owner must be beyond rich." I mumbled, crossing my arms as Ben cracked his fingers. A wild grin stretch on his face as he brought the watch up for use.

"Looks like the cops could use a little help. Uh, a hero's work is never done."

In a flash of green light, Ben had changed into Wildmutt. Giving chase with a excited yip, leaving Grandpa Max, Gwen, and I in the dust.

The elder took the lead, handing some of the shopping bags to Gwen and I as he opened the R.V.'s door. We all loaded in, starting it up and racing off to try and catch up. Just in case Ben got into some trouble he couldn't get out of himself. A common occurrence when dealing with the Omnitrix wearing boy.

We caught up to Wildmutt in the lowest level of a multistory parking lot. He was running from two security guards cars, diving past the Rust Bucket as it blocked their path. I ran for the door, throwing it open and letting the large, alien dog in.

Grandpa Max sped off, the mall police giving chase.

"Let's hope you change back soon, 'cause I don't think we'll loose them." I said just as we we're cut off on a road leading away from the mall.

Unable to slow down in time, Grandpa Max was forced to swerved right into a lamplight. It ruined the engine as the police cart behind us drew to a halt. The mall security closing in as a flash of red light singled the end of Wildmutt's transformation.

Ben smirked, sitting down beside me at the booth. Just in time as the door slammed open and mall officers flooded in, armed with weapons. The one in the lead, an elderly man, gazed around in confusion as he found no giant, alien dog.

"Looking for something officer?" Ben asked, putting on a fake tone of confusion. We all smiled to try and sell the innocent act. It worked, sending the gang of security scrambling to apologize and repay Grandpa Max for the damage done.

Guess we were staying much longer than the elder planned.

-------------------------------------------------------

The next morning the four of us spent our time wisely. Running around the mall with its many attractions and stores. Limited by Grandpa Max on what we could buy. It was going nice until Gwen, Ben, and I split away from the elder.

The redhead was not as happy with the outcome as Ben and I were, spitting out her words as we passed by an indoor ride. "Nice going last night hero. Not only did you let the robbers get away, but because they thought your furry butt was inside, they played demolition derby with the Rust Bucket!"

The green-eyed boy finished sucking down the slushie he had gotten, drawing back to mock his cousin. "Hey, the mall's gonna pay for all the repairs and it bought us a few more days here while we wait for the parts." He drawled out smugly. "You should be thanking me."