Back with a Vengence

On a white cruise boat ferrying us across the bumpy waves, we gazed up in awe at the towering falls before us. My camera already snapping picks like the other tourist that surrounded our group, all dressed in the same protective yellow raincoat. Gwen and Max holding tight to the railing beside me as the elder complemented Niagara Falls.

"How can you not admire the beauty and raw power of nature."

"I don't know, ask Ben." Gwen sassed, gesturing to the green-eyed boy behind us. Sitting on the bench the ship provided, messing with the watch.

"Ben!" the elder called sharply, gaining the brunet's confused gaze. "Would you please pay attention to something other than that watch!"

"I'm just trying to figure out how to control it better." Ben came in wielding his weapon of a half-truth. "That's all Grandpa."

"Get real! It must be like, a billion command combinations on that thing!" Gwen said, turning back to the waterfalls in frustration, already done with her cousin.

I folded my arms across my chest, letting the camera hang loose around my neck as I shook my head in disappointment. "Every time you mess with that thing, bad stuff happens. Why not give it a break and have some fun?"

"Yeah, and miss out on learning more about the watch. No thanks."

Just as he said that the watch started to blink rapidly. The ring spinning like a compass that had lost its way as beeps followed. "Uh oh. Please tell me I didn't bust this thing again." Ben begged. "Maybe its just some kind of an upgrade?"

A flash of green light and Upgrade the alien sat where Ben had been not even seconds ago.

"Woah, what happened?" Ben asked, waving his arms about in curiosity. "I never even touched it! Unless maybe I don't have to."

"Did you activate some kinda master control on it?" I said in awe as Ben rubbed his chin in thought.

"Let's try it! Grey Matter!"

A flash of green light and a tiny lump in the yellow rain jacket confirmed it.

"Diamondhead!"

Another flash and Diamondhead sat on the bench was now straining to fit in the raincoat. But a smug grin took hold of his features, and he rose to a stand as he cheered to himself. "Cool this rocks!" A flash of green and he was XLR8. "I'm must have unlocked some kind of master control like you said (Y/n)!"

Another flash of green and Heatblast made an appearance. "And now I can go alien-" another and he was Wildvine. "-just by thinking it." One last flash and Wildmutt burst forth, running away without stopping to talk. Like the alien dog could talk anyway.

"Hey, wait Ben!" I cried, taking off in a sprint after the boy turned alien. He joined Gwen and Max at the edge of the boat, sticking his head out with a lolling tongue. If Ben had a tail it would be waging no doubt.

A old man turned to face us, holding out a camera to Max. "Excuse me, would you mind taking a picture of me and my wife?" When he caught sight of Ben his eyes widened and he backed off, falling right over the edge of the boat. Landing with a splash in the water below, the waves too strong started dragging him under.

Panicked screams ensued as the fellow passengers leaned over the side to catch a glimpse of the drowning man. A flash of green light went off beside me, and when I turned RipJaws stood proudly by my side.

"No problem, RipJaws in the house."

Ben leaped into the water without hesitation. Getting a hold of the old man he leapt into the air and changed to Stinkfly. Fluttering back to the boat with the unsteady, fearful man.