Hunted

Stars, distant planets, twinkled in the vast blackness of space around it. A huge ship of red and black floated along ominously. Not like the last time it appeared, aggressive and ready to kill. It hovered over a planet of blue and green, also known as Earth. Watching, or maybe waiting for something of importance.

What was happening inside the ship was more interesting, as a contest was being held.

Spotlights came to life one by one, outlining three unique characters. The first was a purple armor wearing alien, who stood similar to a robot waiting for orders. The second was a huge, crab-like alien. Its metal, outer shell comprised of yellows, and golds. The last, a masked individual who stood much more tensely, like a spring to tightly wound up.

They stood in a single file line, waiting for a word from their host. The three already knew what their job would be if they were to prove themselves worthy. They were assassins after all, and nobody just brought aboard three unless the target was a challenge.

"Begin the audition." a deep, nasally voice hissed from overhead.

The purple alien sprung into action, not hesitating to blast itself into the middle of floating, red drones. They had many legs and a wide sensor to act as eyes. The armor wearing alien open a part of their suit to grab a block-like gun with a short barrel. They took aim and began blasting, not a ounce of hesitation in its movements.

The bots fell like flies, though the remaining one retaliated with their own attacks. The armored alien dodged, barrel-rolling to the left. They sprung up, taking aim and firing a small rocket. It hit the bot, causing it to explode in a array of bright red. But the first assassin wasn't done yet.

They opened a hatch on their suit, taking hold of a tiny bomb and then throwing it behind them. The bomb bounced off the closest bots shell before it detonated, killing many of the red machines.

More of the red bots flew in, taking up the challenge of trying to subdue the purple alien. They didn't get far as the crab assassin dropped down from the hovering platform, smashing one of the bots as he landed. He wanted in on the action, just as eager to please his might-be boss as the others.

With his giant pincer, the crab took hold of a red drone, before swinging it around to crash into another one. He paused, hearing a loud humming approaching. The yellow assassin popped his head out, similar to a turtle surveying for danger, to check the area and find the source. He caught sight of it, a red drone speeding towards him. When it came in to range, the large alien struck, clamping down hard. The drone was destroyed, wrecked beyond repair.

In quick, swift motions, the second assassin pulled out a small, sharp knife-like weapon. Not wanting to be out done He spun around, slashing through the bot that had charged at him from behind.

A hatch opened above the two aliens. The both of them looking up in mute surprise as a giant, red robot hopped down. It was three times the size of the drones, and had a more humanoid body mixed with that of a bug. It had three stilt-like legs, and eyes similar to that of a fly's.

At the sight of this new threat, the third assassin joined the battle. They tossed out a small, rectangular hover board, which unfolded to a larger size. Big enough for the masked alien to ride on top of. They sped over, taking the blast that was aimed at the other contestants.

Smoke billowed the area where the third had been, making it impossible to tell if they had survived. Then it cleared just as fast as it had appeared, revealing the third had been unharmed. Steam rose from their suit in wisp, and they stood confidently as the machine reared back. In a second the mysterious assassin had launch themselves at the bot.