Ben 10 vs. Negative 10

Flying above the city was a breath of fresh air. The wind blowing in my face, the stars twinkling above, and a certain stink filling the air. Yes, that stink that came from a certain alien you were hitching a ride on and honestly it was ruining the moment.

Sighing, you peered down at the helicopter, side-eyeing Stinkfly as he got closer to it.

The criminals, with there stolen jewels inside were gloating their getaway, one that Ben proudly ruined.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that. The name's Stinkfly and this is my sidekick, so this joyride's over. Land this thing now!"

"Not his sidekick!" I shouted, "But do land it before we force ya!"

The criminals answer was instant, raising a gun, the one in passenger began to fire.

Ben dodged them easily, leading the criminals to follow in a game of dangerous tag as he flew between the skyscrapers. "They never make it easy!" He shouted over the wind and fire power.

I laughed, leaning forward so the giant bug could hear me better. "Of course not! That's why they're criminals." I raised my hands, concentrating on the power swimming in my gut. With a steady breath out as a ball of light grew in my palms.

Stinkfly, catching on to the plan as I looked back, smirked. "Wanna play rough, huh?" He taunted. "Now you see us. Now you don't!"

At the same time I let loose the ball of light, which exploded the minute it left my hands. The blinding lights threw off the helicopter as it spiral side to side, struggling to stay airborne.

With a bow, I gestured to Ben. "Would you do the honors?"

Laughing, Stinkfly let loose a stream of green goop. It bound itself across the helicopters blades, stopping the rotors from moving.

The helicopter spiraled from the sky, crashing into the lake below as the criminals ejected. With just a knowing glance between us, Ben dove down, capturing each of them as they deployed their parachutes.

Swooping low across the streets, Stinkfly tossed them to the ground before flying us back up. He landed just as the timer went off on the watch.

Scrambling to our feet, untangling from the pile of a rushed landing, we leapt to the edge to watch the rest of the scene unfold. As police cars surrounded the fallen men, taking them into custody.

Ben and I shared a high five.

"This is almost getting too easy." Ben sighed. "Isn't there a villain out there who can give me a challenge?"

I elbowed the green-eyed boy, glaring as he tilted his head innocently. As if he did no wrong! "Are you trying to jinx us?" I growled.

"No, I just want a bit of a challenge, like turning a game to hard mode...you know?"

"Oh, I know. But not with bad guys!"

Ben brushed me off with a shrug, turning away to stare out at the city again.

And it left me worrying that he really did just attract danger that had avoided us for the last couple of days this summer.

-----------------------------------------------

I sighed, leaning back in my seat as I watched Gwen and Ben play tug of war with a phone. They both were passionate about having it for just a little longer, and it had only sprung up when Gradnpa Max left to pick up our newest passenger, having called the station as soon as the radio host announced a chance to win some big prize.

The camp outside the window warned it was someone our own age, which was a plus of its own.

"It's mine! Give it back!" Gwen screech forced my attention away from the window.