The Return

"And be on the look out on state highway eight-one-eight, for a prison bus reportedly taken over by the inmates." The radio announced right before the Rust Bucket was rammed from behind. Taking a peek out the window after recovering from being thrown around so suddenly, it revealed the mentioned bus.

"Those cons picked the wrong bridge at the wrong time!" Ben exclaimed, having recovered first among our group of four. He lifted the watch up with a smirk.

"Ben, this time we need to figure out our plan before you go charging off." Grandpa Max spoke from the front seat. He glared through the front mirror at his grandson.

"Grandpa's right." Gwen started from beside me. She leaned forward in her seat to try and gain her cousin's attention.

I also leaned forward, eager to stop the bad guys. "So hit us with a plan before I go in and stop it myself."

Ben nodded without looking up. "Okay, here's the plan, you guys sit back and enjoy the hero show!" Showing he wasn't listening after all.

Grandpa Max still tried to get through to him. "Ben, Gwen, (Y/n), and I can help."

"That's funny Grandpa. I'm outta here!"

In a flash of green, Ben had become Stinkfly. A good choice all things considered, but not for the hero who looked at his hand in disappointment.

"Aw man! I mean, yes! Stinkfly's gonna bring down the pain from above."

Then off the giant bug was, speeding to catch up to the bus and completely ignoring his grandfather's call.

"Man, there he goes again." I voiced out loud, throwing my head back. I let my powers flare to the surface as well, knowing I was going to need them real soon. The stars swirling with my annoyance.

Grandpa Max tried to speed up the Rust Bucket. Ramming into a civilian car instead, and forcing us back further away from the prison bus. Not that it lasted long since the R.V was built like a tank from its Plumber days. Easily trailing beside the bus as a chain hit the windshield, Stinkfly in the fluttering above from dodging it.

Grandpa Max warned Gwen and I to hold on as he swerved back behind the bus, then darting back beside. A constant game of catch up as the elder tried to avoid anymore innocent drivers.

"Extending Gyroblade!" Grandpa Max shouted in frustration as yet again we almost crashed into a truck this time around.

Gwen and I stood from our seats, opening the windows to get a better view. Since we both noticed the criminals had taken to the roof to defend against Stinkfly's attacks. We watched as they actually were able to hook the bug's tail and begun to drag him down.

"Looks like he needs help before he's squashed." I muttered, raising a hand as my powers pulsed with life. I unleashed a burst of flames, which got the criminals to let go as the metal got hit and heated. Stinkfly hovering up more out of their range.

"You don't have to do this all by yourself you know?" Gwen shouted instead of helping.

"Hey, when you got the moves you use them!" Stinkfly shouted in response, using the chain attached to him as a rope. Trapping the three criminals in a tight knot together. Ben then fired his goop, messing up the wheels at the same time Grandpa Max fired the Gyroblades, bright beams of blue that sawed through anything it touched.

It got out of control fast. Gwen and I flying from our spot at the window as Max battled to keep control of the vehicle. He did, but not before he destroyed the bridge since the Gyroblades had never stopped firing the entire time.

The prison bus went over the edge, having not had time to slow down. Stinkfly still clinging to the roof as they raced for the ocean below.

Grandpa Max acted fast, firing a hook from the front of the Rust Bucket. It hooked the bus like a fish. Though the front windshield shattered under the sudden weight of the criminals. Leaving them to struggle to swim away as we scrambled out.