Side Affects

A wrecking ball came flying into a old, decrepit building. A chunk of the bricks falling in on themselves from the hit. Parts of it had already rotted and fallen away, giving a view of empty, use to be apartments. Windows were smashed, and graffiti tags were haphazrdously painted on the brick walls that still stood.

Dust and bits of the building flew off from the hit. It made the worker controlling the crane especially happy and satisfied.

"Getting paid to smash stuff." He chuckled to himself. "Heh, you gotta love this job."

Pulling back on a lever, the worker sent the wrecking ball flying in again. Landing another hit on the old building in a plume of dust. Calling it back, he prepared for another swing, only to pause when his co-worker started to shout at him from below.

The co-worker pointed at the spot the first worker just took out, a hunched over man now standing there. His clothes were tore and raggedy, bugs skittering him like he was a dead body. Greasy black hair that looked like it hadn't been washed in years peeked out from his hood.

"Get out of our home." The corpse appearing man spat in a voice neglected from use for a long while.

Stepping out of the wrecking ball wielding crane, the worker leaned against the side of it with a smug grin. "Yeah, well I hate to break it to you pal. This building is condemned by order of council woman Liang."

"Yeah, so move it or lose it." The second worker stalked forward while holding up his clipboard. "This place is coming down, like it or not!"

With a hissing screech, the homeless man threw his arms out. Swarms of flying bugs, wasps by the yellow stripes on their bodies, shot out from the sleeves. They made a beeline for the workers, one of them making a run for it while the other, the one controlling the wreaking ball, froze. Ignoring his screams of pain they dragged him up to their master like dogs eager to please.

"Get these things off of me!" The worker shouted, flailing his body in a attempt to free himself. Not caring he was multiple stories up and it would be fatal if the bugs did.

The bug loving man only grinned smugly as he glared up at the worker. A threat clear in his gaze. "Well, if you think we're bugging you now."

----------------------------------------------

A red and black striped, hoodless car sped down the road. The driver, a adult with light brown, almost ginger, hair and beard gripped the steering wheel tightly. Not because he was worried. No. But because he had just robbed a bank, successfully getting away with the money in tow.

There was that old R.V that was chasing after him like it was the police. But no sirens had gone off, and so he had took the time to loose them in the crowded road at his last turn.

The man glanced behind himself anyway, checking for any sign of pursuit. The sun tried to blind him in his quick check, luckily he was wearing his shades. The robber looked to the front again, shielded eyes watching the road for any traffic that he could avoid.

A satisficed grin grew on his face as he talked to himself. "They'll never catch me."

-----------------------------------------

I leaned against Gwen's seat, keeping an eye on the road as I searched for either Ben, as Upgrade, or the robber. My excitement was getting to me as my powers hummed with delight. Though I kept it down, focusing on the movie like car chase that was taking place right now.

"There he is!" Gwen shouted in joy, viewing something out of her window.

"You sure?" Grandpa Max asked, darting a questioning glance at the redhead before watching the road again.