Ready to Rumble

Sliding down the grassy hill, sun beaming down, I screamed. The block of ice under me kicking up grass blades as it melted in the heat. Ben and Gwen's joyful whooping joined my own as we finally slid to a stop.

There, us four staggered to our feet.

"That was so cool! Let's try the bigger hill this time." Ben cheered, pointing to the bigger hill beside the one we just finished sliding down.

Birds darted from the trees, calling out a warning of their own.

"I think sitting on that ice gave you brain freeze." Gwen spat, instantly showing her distaste for the idea. "It's gonna take you forever to carry that block up there."

"Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?" Ben retorted, activating the watch.

"Ben-" I didn't get to finish my sentence as a flash of green drowned it out.

It died down to reveal XLR8. With a smirk, he zoomed away, up the hill in no time. Standing on his ice block, he pointed to the sky heroically. "Presenting XLR8 on ice!" He looked down, right at me.

Smiling, I huffed. Raising my hands, I began to clap and cheer.

He smiled brightly, letting the mask of XLR8 come down before he took off down the hill on the ice block. He shot past us, barely missing as he slid out of view. The people who were enjoying the day following him with turned heads and eyes.

"Well, this isn't gonna end well." I said.

Gwen scoffed, "You're telling me."

Grandpa Max sighed, "Let's go get him."

---------------------------------------------------------------

After having to basically fight off a mother and her child from snapping photos of Ben in his alien form, we finally retreated to the Rust Bucket to relax for the rest of the day.

Night was falling, and I leaned back in my seat beside Ben who was fiddling with Gwen's computer. He claimed to be playing Sumo Slammers, and to tired to watch, I sat drifting beside him. The clicking of the keys comforting.

A door opening brought my mind to attention. Blinking up in confusion I saw Gwen standing over Ben and I with her hands on her hips. She looked angry.

"Uh, hello? What do you think you're doing?" Gwen spat.

"Hmm, is this some kind of trick question?" Ben retorted. He began typing again on the computer. "I'm gonna go online and check out the new 'Sumo Slammer' blog."

"Not without asking me first. That's my brand-new XT-9000."

"Okay. May I please use your computer?" Ben said, sounding so unserious that I finally decided to abandoned sleep.

Sitting up I watched the cousins argument develop.

"No way!" Gwen shouted.

"See? That's why I didn't ask first. And I bet you'd say the same for (Y/n) as well." Ben laughed, continuing to type.

Gwen scoffed, folding her arms over her chest. "That's because they would just hand it back to you again because you asked super nice." At the last part, she put her hands to her face and batted her eyes.

"Hey!" I stood up, slamming a hand on the table. "I would not!"

Yes you would. (Name) whispered from the back of my mind at the same time Gwen also said, "Yes you would."

"No I would not!"

"Uh huh!"

"Grandpa Max, Gwen's teasing me!" I shouted to the elder washing dishes across from us.