Chapter 1: First Signs of Despair (Daily Life Part 3)

I had been sleeping for hours and I had no sense of time. If I was correct, it felt like morning. Maybe around 11? 12? I had no idea. This nightmare seemed never ending. This feeling...it feels like despair. Is it a good thing? Or a bad thing?

My thoughts washed away as I heard a knock on my door. I didn't invite anyone over so I was a bit confused. Not wanting to be rude, I stood up and rubbed my eyes, going to the door and opened it to see Violet, bowing to me.

"Hello, Violet. Did you need anything?" I asked and I quickly bowed back like an idiot.

"Greetings. If you can, may you join Ren and I in the cafeteria? We're just eating and drinking some tea." She said it in such a nice way that I couldn't decline if I really wanted to. I nodded my head, not knowing what to say.

"Follow me then." She started walking, gesturing me to follow as I did so. I left my sword back at the cafeteria either way so I could go back for it and hang out with them. After some walking, she opened the door for me and I walked through, her following behind me.

"Hey there." Ren greeted us as we sat across from him. He was drinking water and was reading a book.

"Hey, Ren. I'm glad I can hang out with you guys." I looked around and there was no sign of my sword. Looking at the table, there were four glasses. Ren and Violet had one along with myself. But who had the fourth one?

"No worries. But we did wish to speak with you." Violet poured me some tea and I didn't like tea. Not wanting to be rude, I just smiled and choked it down.

"It's about...the killing game." Ren's whole face changed and it looked like he was about to break the glass in his hands. I also tensed. I didn't want to think about the killing but it was brought up.

"What about it?" I mumbled to him, trying to make it not look like I was mad.

"Well, if you may, we were wondering...if you had any thoughts of killing." That's when everything just stopped, including my breathing. Me? Killing? I've only killed villains I needed to kill but I wouldn't go after anyone else.

I lost it and stood up, slamming my hands on the table but not hard enough to break it. "I would never kill anyone! I don't have a reason!"

"Well, I'll give ya a reason!" Monokuma popped up out of nowhere and startled me as I fell back. Ren and Violet just looked to the demonic bear.

"What is it now?" Ren looked like he wanted to strangle Monokuma but he doesn't look like the guy to do so.

"Well, I have a motive! You guys are the only ones I haven't told so this is perfect timing!" Monokuma pulled out a remote. I hope we don't have to watch some random movie because that would be true torture.

"Then please proceed." Maybe Violet is a little too proper.

"Will do, Ms. Evergarden!" Monokuma happily pressed a button on the remote and a screen came down. Soon, a projection showed...and I wished I had declined Violet's offer.

First, it showed something Ren knew since his facial expression changed. It showed two boys, one with dark blue hair with some covering his eye similar to Ray and another with bleached blonde hair. He looked like a delinquent and you could mistaken him for one any day.

Then, the screen started flashing and it showed the two boys dead along with what looked to be a human-like cat and four other girls. Then, a group of people that looked to have Monokuma's head started to beat the bodies. I've seen people die but this was gruesome.

Ren stood up and slammed his hands on the table. His glasses fell off and I could see pain in his eyes. Violet had a serious look on her face and I was just in total shock like an idiot. What kind of demonic bear was he?!

The screen turned black and Violet's expression changed. It looked to be the body of some man that was continuously getting hit with a bat. It was brutal and Violet must've thought so, too. She looked like she was about to cry but still held it back. It went on for about 5 minutes before it turned black again.

And it was now my turn. It showed Capsule Corp. getting burned down by more people with Monokuma head. Everyone was dying and there were a ton of bodies. Soon, Goku and all the others appeared dead on the ground and that's when I snapped.

I charged up a blast and shot it at the screen. It broke and the video finally stopped. Ren and Violet looked relieved that it was over and so was I. Then, I heard Monokuma starting to yell.

"You're paying for that!" Was what I heard before he just disappeared. I was so furious! I could just destroy this whole school if I could. Sighing, I had finally calmed down.

"I think we're running out of tea. I'll get some more." Violet quickly said, going to the kitchen. It was probably an excuse to get time alone and I don't blame her after what I just saw.

Ren and I just looked at each other. We had no words or anything to say. After what we saw, I think we both wanted to make an excuse to leave. Even if Ren did make an excuse, I wouldn't mind. Did Monokuma show something similar to everyone else?

That's when Violet came back out. Although, she didn't have any tea with her which was strange since I thought she was actually getting tea. Maybe there was none left.

"Violet, where's the tea?" Despite still being shocked, Ren spoke up.

"We...have a problem.." She gestured us to follow her into the kitchen as Ren and I stood up, following her.

There, in the kitchen, lay Ray's body. His hands were around his neck as if he had be struggling with something. There was an apple that looked as if it had been jammed into his mouth and there were stab marks almost on every part of his body. The rest of the place was covered with blood along with my sword which was laying by his body.

That's when...I had a feeling. What was this feeling? Fear? Sadness? Anger? Disgust? No...

It was just despair.