Chapter 6: Ending Everything (??? Part 3)

Makoto's POV

"Project Universe?" Kyoko asked me.

I had found some papers in my office about something called Project Universe. It had something to do with the people in the current killing game. How did I not find this before? This could've solved most of our problems.

"It's basically how the killing game even started. But I don't have much on it though." I finally answered, handing her the papers.

"Can we confirm if the mastermind is still alive? If they are, the students could still be in trouble."

"No, I don't know. But there's important matters to focus on. If we don't get them back, then something awful is gonna happen."

"We could only revive that Gundham Tanaka guy for a day. There's no possible way to get him back." Byakuya walked in with Shuichi, Himiko and Maki behind him.

"Is there a way to save the other students in the killing game?" Maki looked to me as I thought for a bit.

"The lab."

"The lab? Could you explain to us?" Shuichi spoke.

"I found this extra page. I could read it aloud to all of you guys." I held up a paper for them to all see.

"Yes, please." Byakuya nodded as I started to read.

"Project Universe is going down in the lab. We both know where it is and I'm surprised the people who've fallen into despair haven't destroyed it. But if it was destroyed, this whole plan would've shattered. The lab is where the portal lays and it's the only way to even access it. A simple flip of a lever will open the portal back. I think I'll change it in the future if I have one." I read out loud. There was more but it had nothing to do with it.

"So none of us know the location of the lab..." Disappointment was heard in Himiko's voice.

"No but the mastermind does. If they're still alive, we could just kidnap them and interrogate them until they speak." Maki suggested.

"Isn't that a little too much?" I said.

"It's because she's the Ultimate Assassin. Of course she'd suggest it." Himiko teased.

"You both are off topic. Quiet." Byakuya snapped to them.

"Yes sir.." They both muttered in return.

"That means if they're lucky enough, they can escape the school and find the lab to escape themselves." Kyoko got us all back on track.

"But all the riots happening and killing...could they really make it?" Shuichi said as I paused to think for a second.

"I know they have some sort of abilities. They can make it through just fine if they play their cards correctly." Byakuya answered for me.

"So it's just more luck..." Maki muttered.

"But they should get through it. Don't worry." I reassured her quickly.

"Let's all just hope." Kyoko added in as we all nodded.

That's when an alarm went off. We were all confused because the security was tight yet someone broke in? I saw that Maki took out a dagger and started walking out but Shuichi pulled her back.

"I think the alarm is coming from the basement. Shall we get moving?" Byakuya looked to everyone as we all nodded.

"Shuichi, Himiko. Stay here and watch over the papers please." I asked.

"Sure thing." He nodded.

"Everyone, come on." I gestured everyone to follow me as I ran out and everyone came behind me.

Once we were in the basement, I looked around. The lights were shattered so they were flickering on and off. I saw a figure in front of us but I couldn't make them out.

"I know it's here. Where the hell is it?" They asked me.

"We don't know what you're talking about." Byakuya answered.

"No! I know it's here! Where the hell is it?!"

"Calm down. We may help you. What are you trying to look for?" I asked them.

"I need to know where the lab is...I wanna end the killing game. I give up..." They muttered.

"Does that me..." Maki started talking.

"You're the mastermind of the current killing game." Kyoko finished her sentence.

"I regret everything...I don't like seeing everyone die. I don't wanna be in despair anyone. I wanna help everyone escape..."

"Why should we trust you? You went through all of this to give up here?" Byakuya spoke in a serious tone.

"You did all this Project Universe stuff yet you now decide to help everyone?" Maki had the same tone.

"Just tell me where the hell the lab is! I have to know, dammit!" They yelled.

"We don't know. Sorry.." I responded to them.

"I have to hurry before the others wake up..." They quickly ran off and they were soon gone.

"We shouldn't have let them get away. We could've asked them where they were..." Maki grumbled in frustration.

"Let's just hope they'll be alright.." Kyoko muttered as we all nodded.

All we could do was hope.

(Sorry this is kinda short)