Chapter 5: Removing the Mask (Daily Life Part 3)

"It seems we got our note back." Gundham held his hamster as he removed the paper and handed it to Makoto.

"What does it say?" Kyoko looked over his shoulder as he started reading it out loud.

"Dear Mr. Tanaka, I am Trunks and I am writing back to you. I want to thank you and the Future Foundation and all our hope is onto you guys. We really hope you guys can stop the killing game and help us escape. Although we are hesitant, all of our trust is into you guys. Thank you." Makoto smiled at the note.

"So I guess we promised to help them escape." Shuichi said.

"That means we have to ensure they escape." Maki has a small grin on her face.

"Correct. And they will escape. We have to help me." Makoto nodded.

"Well, we have no choice now." Togami remarked.

"But we have to help them at this point. I know how they must feel...seeing all of their friends die and they can't do anything. The constant fear of thinking they'll be next or they'll be the one to murder someone else. Seeing their friends betray each other..." Himiko choked out and she looked as if she was going to cry.

"Do not fear, my mage friend. For they shall escape." Gundham reassured her.

"As long as they get the mastermind out, then they'll be good.." Makoto didn't look to sure but he had to look like it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I was sleeping in my room peacefully. Not a sound to be heard. Just pure silence. But I think I forgot to lock my door because I heard the door handle shaking. I didn't bother getting up because I just assumed it was my dream.

Maybe I'm a little lazy. I heard the door open and peeked my eyes opened. A figure was standing in front of me. Well, this was it. I was just gonna get killed. Instead of getting killed, the figure started dragging me out.

I opened my eyes and I was in the nurses office with...oh, great. Inuyasha. What did he want now? It didn't help that I was in my pajamas so I was even more annoyed.

"What is it?" I groaned, still tired.

"Hah! Oh, you're pajamas are as dumb as your haircut!" He laughed.

"What time is it..?"

"It's only 3am. You're fine." What was so important that he needed to drag me out at 3am for?

"What do you want?"

"Trunks! I'm so sorry that I dragged you out of here!" He covered his mouth as I held back my own laugh.

"Heheh.."

"Shut up! I need you to help me find a cure for this." He opened one of the cabinets and started throwing out random things. One specific thing that fell next to me...was a small hot tile of poison.

"...Is this where you got the poison from?" I muttered as he paused.

"Does it matter?"

"You made Usagi think it was sugar.." I was still mad about her death.

"Not the time." He snatched the bottle and threw it to the side.

"Whatever.." I muttered as I heard him groan.

"Am I really stuck like this?!"

"Great. I can leave now." I yawned, about to walk out before he pushed me back.

"You're staying here and helping me, idiot." He hissed.

"Alright then." I just lay on the cold floor.

"Great, no-" I didn't hear the rest because obviously, I fell asleep on the floor.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Kou's POV

It was finally 6am so I can finally wake up. How long have I been here even? I lost count of all the days. It seems like I've been here forever. But I had a few thoughts.

Did..Hanako and Nene know I was missing? Are they aware of my disappearance? Maybe they didn't know yet or haven't noticed. And Mitsuba...no, let me just clear all these thoughts.

I jumped from my bed and walked out, going to the cafeteria. Once there, I only saw Bakugo, Ryuko and Kanao. Man, this place was empty without everyone else.

"Where's Inuyasha and Trunks?" The two shrugged to me.

My question had been answered once the door opened. Inuyasha walked in and dragged behind Trunks who was sleeping and still in his pajamas.

"Is he dead?" I muttered.

"No, you idiot! He's asleep! I dragged him out at 3am." He growled back to me.

"For what reason?" Ryuko asked.

"Because I have something messing with my head!" Kanao and I just looked away, not wanting to explain anything.

"Was it really a good idea to drag out Trunks to help with your own problems?" Kanao pointed to him, who was still asleep.

"Shut up!"

"I remembered that I don't have to deal with any of your crap so I shall be making my exit." Ryuko pushed past Trunks and Inuyasha, walking out.

"I guess I have other things to do." Kanao walked out.

"Come on! Don't leave me!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Shut up, dumb dog." Bakugo shoved Inuyasha out of the way before walking through.

Even I soon walked out. He had been mean since the beginning and helping him now would just mean betrayal in the end. I can't even trust him anymore.

I was in front of my room door and I opened it. Then, someone went next to me. They had something in their hands but I couldn't see too well. That's when it happened. They lifted their hand up and I felt pain.

I never thought that they would sink this low.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Trunks POV

I woke up laying on the cafeteria floor. Inuyasha was standing next to me and he looked irritated. Probably about the despair disease thing or something. Oh yeah. I still wasn't dressed because I was dragged out at 3am.

"Oh, you're awake." He glared at me as I stood up.

"Thanks for worrying about me." I groaned.

"You're pajamas still suck." He snickered.

"Cut it out! You dragged me out at 3am!"

"Yeah and-" He suddenly just paused. I don't know why exactly. I didn't hit him or anything but he just suddenly stopped talking.

"Inuyasha..?" I watched as he smelled the air like an actual dog.

"I never cut you or anything, correct?"

"Uh..." I looked all over myself for a few seconds. "No, too never cut me."

"This isn't right..." He quickly ran out and I followed behind him.

"What's wrong?" We were both in the hallways as he looked left and right.

"This way." He ran to the left as I followed him.

"What's..." I paused once we were in front of Kou's room door. It was cracked opened and on the floor...was a trail of blood.

"Come on.." Inuyasha opened the door cautiously and we both walked in. The trail lead all the way to the bathroom.

"Ladies first?" He pushed me forward towards the bathroom door.

"Thanks?" I opened the door and walked in.

Why do I keep on hoping for the best?