Chapter 5: Removing the Mask (Daily Life Part 1)

A day has passed. I've just been laying in my bed, staring at the ceiling. Usagi was a good girl and a good friend. But she was gullible enough to get tricked by Inuyasha. I'm gonna get back at him sooner or later.

I remembered what Monokuma said. Something about a despair disease? He also said that Inuyasha caught it and that would probably explain his mood changes. But at this point, I'm hesitant to trust the bear.

Sadly, I had to be active since it was around 11:00am. I dragged myself out of my bed and opened my door. Making sure nobody was around, I walked out and went up to Inuyasha's door.

Why was I here? He got Usagi killed because he took advantage of how gullible she was. Now I was just unsure about this. I was insane to actually check on this guy after he got our friend killed. Just as I was walking away, I heard the door open. I was soon pulled back into the room as the door slammed shut.

Everything was just dark. Was this really how Inuyasha had been? I can't see anything. The lights soon turned on and I blinked so I could adjust to it. Inuyasha was sitting on the floor a little away from me.

"Uh...Inuyasha?" I finally spoke.

"Hey there! Hello! Hello-" He covered his mouth and already seemed annoyed.

"You're oddly nice?"

"Idiot! That's not me!" Now I knew this guy was insane once he removed his hands.

"What?"

"Come on! Come on!" He tackled me as if he was a dog.

"Hey! Get off!" I don't get what was happening. Did this have something to do with the despair disease? I wasn't having this. I quickly kicked him off me.

"Ow!"

"Even. Now what'd you pull me in here for?"

"The room I locked you in." Oh yeah. This dog thing just decided to lock me in a room. Maybe he wanted me to not have an alibi when he was thinking?

"Yeah. That wasn't too funny."

"Yeah, I'm so-" Again, he covered his mouth before he finished.

"What did you want to know?"

"I wanted to know what you saw in there." He removed his hands.

"I would tell you why?"

"Because I can ensure you'll be the next victim."

"I saw nothing. I'll be making my exit now." I went out of the room, closing the door and leaving behind Inuyasha.

I was just lying to him. Obviously, I did find a lot of things. But he didn't seem trustworthy enough for me to tell him. The Ultimate Hope and Despair? Ah, this all seemed strange that even I was getting frustrated.

I was soon in front of Kanao's room door. It was nothing too serious. I was just gonna ask her to help me do something. Should I turn back? No, I'm already here now. I knocked at her door and waited for a respond. The door soon opened and she was in front of me.

"Hm?"

"Can you help me get everyone to the bathhouse? Please?"

"Why?"

"No cameras and I need to talk to everyone excluding Inuyasha."