Chapter 4: A Shining Light of Nothing (Daily Life Part 3)

Trunks POV

I was stuck in this room. Inuyasha had tricked me and locked me in here! No I can't be trapped here! If I was, I would just starve and die! I need to find a way out.

The room was pitch black and I couldn't see a lot. Come on there has to be a source of...oh yeah. I made a small ball of energy and it gave off some light. I just had to be careful I didn't blow up myself or anything.

Looking around, there was a lot of paper and junk. Jeez, does anyone clean around here? I walked around, stepping on a bunch of garbage and papers. Curious, I picked up one of the papers.

"The Ultimate Despair strikes again! Causing despair to more of the city! Buildings, shops and people are crashing down and dying!" That's what I read. The rest of the paper was ripped off.

I don't know what a Ultimate Despair is. Obviously, it was an ultimate but it didn't make any sense. Who's ultimate was this anyways? It doesn't even sound like a talent. Well, this was pretty dumb right off the bat.

I dropped the paper off to the side and kneeled down. All of these papers seemed the same. "Ultimate Despair" this and "Ultimate Despair" that. I don't even know who the Ultimate Despair was but they seemed pretty famous.

I picked up another paper and it seemed more different. "The Future Foundation is helping more! Thanks to the Ultimate Hope, the world has a hint of it left!" The Ultimate Despair and now the Ultimate Hope? Who even had these ultimates?

I set down that paper. Were all of these just about the Ultimate Hope and Despair? This was boring. Picking up another paper, there was a strange girl on it. She wasn't any of us here so it was confusing.

She was pretty tall and she had a short skirt and had sorta a school uniform on. She had pigtails, too. It was an interesting design and I had a thought. Was this the Ultimate Hope? It was a possibility.

I read over the paper. "Breaking News! Junko Enoshima has been pronounced dead! A new successor is taking her place and starting more killing games!"

Junko Enoshima? The Ultimate Hope was dead? Well, I guess that's that. There was another person beside the picture of Junko. There was text next to that. So much reading..

"Junko Enoshima's new successor who will continue in her place-"

"I'll be taking that!" My reading was interrupted by a voice who snatched the paper.

"Huh?"

"We can't let you snitch to all the other students." It was Monokuma.

"But I was reading that-"

"Nope! If the other students found out, this whole thing would end." He laughed, ripping up the paper in front of me.

"Hey, wait! Can you let me out of this room?"

"Can't do that!"

"What?! Why not?!"

"If you don't get let out, then you can die of starvation and that would count as a murder. I wouldn't want to miss the trial!"

"I swear, I'll kill you now!" I threw the energy ball I had straight towards him.

Yeah, I don't think too often. Everything just blew up and when the smoke cleared, Monokuma was gone and most of the papers and junk were disintegrated. And I was just covered in smoke. And then I wonder why my father is stronger.

I looked to the door and...it was still intact?! Are you kidding me?! This was it. I was just gonna starve to death here. Darn it, Inuyasha. I'm gonna get you back sooner or later.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Usagi's POV

Where was Inuyasha and Trunks?! I couldn't keep up this act forever! Right now, I was in Kanao's room with her and Ryuko. The two have been talking and I've only been nodding my head.

"Trunks, you alright?" Kanao faced towards me as I jumped a little in surprise.

"Yeah! I'm alright! I'm ok!" I said in response.

"No worries Trunks. It's ok if your bleached hair is embarrassing." Ryuko's comments didn't help my case.

"Uh...yeah.." I just twirled my hair.

"Something is off..." Kanao muttered.

"Huh? What's off?"

"It feels like-" Ryuko was cut off by banging at the door.

Great, who was at the door? I didn't want anyone else coming in here. Kanao sighed as I watched her stand and go over to door and open it. Inuyasha was at the front as he pushed pass her towards me.

"Trunks...what are you doing..?" He growled.

"Trunks bleached his hair and turned into a girl like an idiot." Ryuko filled him in.

"I'm just gonna borrow him.." He grabbed my wrist and dragged me out without another word.

Slamming the door, we were soon in the hallways. But the thing was..it was only him and Trunks was nowhere to be seen.

"Did Trunks leave already?"

"Yep. He was real tired so he went to his room early." I just felt something odd. I don't know what it was though.

"What were you guys trying to do anyways?"

"None of your business."

"Rude." I crossed my arms.

"Oh, quiet. You can get out of that now."

"I sorta like this outfit." I giggled but he wasn't too amused.

"Whatever.." He crossed his arms but before walking away, he looked back to me.

"Huh?"

"We don't speak of this ever, got it?"

"...Sure." I hesitantly responded as he walked away.

That was strange. What did he need with Trunks? I mean, I could've helped. And he's sorta secretive about all. I doubt they were planning to escape since everything was locked down. Maybe they were just hanging out?

I was probably overthinking this all. Making sure nobody was around, I ran to my own room and closed the door. Finally, I didn't have to act like Trunks. His personality was hard to act out.

I was finally back as my normal self. My clothes, my hair and everything. His outfit was cool but didn't fit my style. Anyways, I'm back to my old self and I don't gotta act. I just jumped onto my bed and sleep embraced me.