Chapter 4: A Shining Light of Nothing (Daily Life Part 4)

Kanao's POV

Inuyasha had pulled out Trunks and I assumed the two had something to do. I watched as Ryuko waved and walked out and I waved back to her. Although, now thinking about, maybe I shouldn't have kept up the little act.

I knew that wasn't Trunks and it was obvious by personality. More or less, it was Usagi. I think. Probably. Anyways, once Ryuko left, I did wonder where the real Trunks was. I stood up and grabbed my nichirin blade before walking out.

First, I went to Inuyasha's room door and hesitated a little. Maybe I should just flip my...no. He told me not to. I knocked on the door and waited for him to answer.

"What do you want?" He growled behind me as I turned to see him.

"Where's Trunks?"

"Sick in his room. Now buzz off." His harsh tone never surprised me at this point.

"I know that was Usagi. Where's Trunks?" He looked surprised as I said this, meaning I was right.

"What are you saying?"

"Where's Trunks?"

"You like him or somethin'? Why does it matter?"

"Where's Trunks?"

"Do you have anything relevant to say?"

"Do you?"

"..."

"..."

"Go find him on your own." He pushed me out of the way before opening his door and slammed it in front of my face.

I just silently walked away. The Ultimate Half-Demon...no wonder he's rude. But I was worried about Trunks. I had a feeling...a bad feeling. Maybe Inuyasha killed him? No, Trunks can't be dead yet.

I went to Usagi's room door next. Her and Inuyasha were probably working together. From her personality, I don't think she'd keep a lie forever. I knocked on her door and waited before it opened and I saw her in her own clothing.

"Hi Kanao! What do ya need?"

"Where's Trunks?"

"Huh?"

"Where's Trunks?"

"Uhm...I don't know what you're talking about..." She definitely knew something.

"Yes you do. You dressed up as Trunks and pretended he turned into a girl and bleached his hair.

"Whatttt? Noooo..." I noticed how she got more and more nervous.

"Tell me the truth."

"Fine, fine. Being truthful, I actually don't know." She doesn't know? Wasn't she with Inuyasha though?

"What?"

"Inuyasha brought Trunks somewhere but I don't know where he took Trunks. Inuyasha said he was sick and back at his room."

How did he get sick? This was confusing for me. All I did was nod to Usagi before walking off. Inuyasha probably made Trunks sick if that's possible. He still did something though.

I slowly went up the stairs to the second floor. If Trunks was dead, then there was no need for an investigation or trial. It would obviously be Usagi or Inuyasha. Although, more fingers pointed to Inuyasha since he did take Trunks.

I looked around on the second floor. Being truthful, I haven't came here often since I hadn't had a reason. But here I was now. Like always, the windows were bolted shut and they looked impossible to break. So no way out from here.