Chapter 22.- "Time's up baby..."

And I'm sure my eyes, they speak for me

No one knows me like you do and since you're the only one that matters,

Tell me who do I run to? Look, don't get me wrong

I know there is no tomorrow...

Finn only had to see the tear-filled faces of the 3 women to know that now they knew what happened to Millie, it was obvious that they had already been informed of what had happened due to the immense pain that their faces reflected ...

What took his brain a little longer to register was the angry look on Sarah's face as she blurted out angry words at him and held her cell phone pointed straight ahead, putting it in front of his field of vision, as if all the answers were there.

"Sarah, please don't ..."

"I'm sorry Mary ...". Sarah said ignoring Finn's mother's request taking a step in front of everyone without taking her eyes off him.

"Finn says he doesn't know how to explain what Millie saw in his office ... so i'll let her explain it in her own words, you deserve to hear this Finn, you deserve to have your heart broken, just like mine when I heard this...you deserve to hear what you did to her!!".

Without a second's hesitation Sarah pressed her cell phone and Millie's voice filled the room.

"Sar...ah...Sarah....Sarah...Finn...Finn and...Grace... they were ...they... WHY!!?

... why...why did he do this to...to me?.. I... I'm going to...

to your house now... please... I need you... I.. ".

The recording ended with an abrupt sound, which perfectly explained why Millie's cell phone was broken, Finn's face paled even more and every corner of his face immediately reflected the pain of hearing her sweet voice broken and trembling through the device that Sarah was holding so tightly, he was aware of what Millie thought she had seen but ... listening to her from that angle, like a scared girl running towards her parents to protect her from the monster under her bed, was heartbreaking...because he was that monster.

He didn't even need to turn to see the others to realize how they were looking at him, he could feel it, their eyes piercing him like pins, It seemed that since he met her, most of his actions always ended up hurting her and that habit grew and grew until the damage it caused could be classified as irreparable, at this point Finn no longer cared if it was all a confusion or if it was something that he unintentionally caused, that no longer mattered because however it was, he would break her over and over again and now as part of the collateral damage they had lost their baby, this time collateral damage took an innocent soul that left long before he had a chance to show him that he was ready to love him.

"Please.... Sarah ... I swear that nothing happened ... I swear that ... "

"SHUT UP!!..."

"Sarah !!, wait, wait!!". Caleb wrapped his arms around her trying to prevent her from throwing herself at Finn, he held her with all his strength but it was useless as Finn almost as a reflex action took a long step towards her as if he wanting to be hurt, he willingly moved closer allowing one of her palms to hit one of his cheeks before Gaten grabbed him by the waist and pulled him back again.