Chapter 9.- "Something very stupid"

"Who tells a lie is obliged to invent 20 more

to sustain the certainty of the first,

what a brave and difficult job the liar has.."

You have a new email.

"ANNUAL RALLY INDUSTRIAS WOLFHARD"

"Oh no ... shit!".

Few emails managed to drive Finn Wolfhard crazy, but definitely one that involved holding an annual event imposed by his father stood at the top of all.

"Lizzy". Finn said pressing a button on his phone.

"Yes?".

"I got the mail from the Rally, isn't this shit supposed to happen every year?". Finn said extremely irritated.

"Hmm ... Mr. Wolfhard, it's been a year, the event will be in 10 days...".

"And I am not supposed to authorize the budget, because I was not aware?"

"Mmm Finn ...". Lizzy said lowering her voice a little, they had agreed that she could privately call him by his first name. "Remember that last year you delegated that responsibility to Gaten, you said that he would take care of everything ... are you okay?".

"Yeah, I'm fine, I guess I forgot ... just ... could you tell Gaten come to my office immediately? "

Once the call ended Finn let out a frustrated growl, it didn't take a minute for Gaten to enter his office, not knocking as usual ...

"Now what mistake did I make in addition to being born in the same country as you?". Gaten said with a mocking smile as he sat down across from Finn.

"Stop the jokes, I'm not in the mood". He said rolling his eyes. "Tell me how the hell the Rally day came so quickly and why I am not aware of anything!".

"About your first question, I do not understand the relativity of time, if I ever see Marty McFly I will ask him ... second, long ago you asked me to take care of everything because you did not want to have anything to do with all that and still all these weeks I have passed the charges on the corporate card ... So... what the hell! Are you authorizing things without reviewing them?. Gaten said a bit annoyed, after all he saw the legal affairs of the company, if Finn made a mistake, it would be his responsibility to fix it.

"Maybe I made the terrible mistake of blindly trusting you, Matarazo" . Finn said in a mocking tone, lightening the atmosphere a bit, after all, he had to admit that Gaten was right, he had been very distracted lately.

"Men, really ... this bet with Marcus, it has you going crazy, it's risky and ...".

"It's not ..." Finn cut him off. "I will win, the numbers are incredible, I have made sure that every second of time counts, the numbers have risen, I am completely confident and ...".

"I didn't mean that kind of risk Finn...". Gaten said with a worried look. "I mean you... 1 month ago you decided to try to balance things, improve certain aspects of your relationship, after that breakthrough, it must have been very difficult for Millie to know that because of an ego fight, you are moving away from her again , I don't doubt that she was really furious and... ".

"She doesn't know ...". Finn said too embarrassed to look at his face.

"Dude ... do you see what I mean? ... fuck Finn, this kind of thing is going to end your relationship!" For some reason Gaten noticed that Finn was very receptive to his words that day, it is something that never happened, normally yell at him and tell him not to meddle in his business, but now he seemed to have his guard down and he was going to take advantage of that moment, his friend needed help, even if he refused to ask for it.