Chapter 37.- "These are not our lives"

"When the waves

Are flooding the shore and I can't

Find my way home anymore

That's when I, I

I look at you"

Song: "When I Look At You" by Miley Cyrus ft David Bisbal

****for a better experience play the music when it's time*****

Sadie's POV

Finn texted me last night...

From: Finn

Hey Sads, do you remember once you said that Millie would make me dance one day?

...well, I think that day came...

I'm sorry you won't be here to make fun of me... Bullshit, I'm not sorry at all.

Caleb and I couldn't help but laugh because of the incredible memories that brought us both, we also concluded that it would have been incredible to be there and to be able to make fun of him, tonight would be very special, at least that could be said from what little we knew, we had managed to get some details of the big surprise that Finn was preparing for Millie... well, Eleanor, I guess.... It's hard to get used to this.

I miss my best friend.

Every day I pray to heaven that Finn's plan works, that whatever he's trying to bring our Millie back maybe it will push the fantasy she's created in her head so far that everything inside of her finally connects, But if he fails, we all fail and she will pay the ultimate price.

If her pain ended up consuming her and we can't help her, we'll have to accept that they intern her in a place where she does not belong.

We are all worried, time does not stand still and it seems that every piece of information that we manage to obtain only confuses us more, a clear example was what happened 10 minutes ago, we had our weekly call in which we all shared the information that we managed to obtain, but I really don't know if we're heading anywhere, even though I think things just got a bit more tense.

Caleb hasn't gotten any more information, I just take this opportunity to remind you that there is little time left before it becomes dangerous for Millie to continue without professional supervision.

I haven't had any more luck than him, I haven't been able to contact Dr. Harbour, I haven't stopped calling his assistant or leaving him messages but right now I'm really afraid that I won't be able to reach him until that spiritual retreat that he went to finally ends.

If I have to rescue something, I must say that the most interesting part of the conversation was what Gaten found thanks to the private investigator from Wolfhard Industries, in fact I'm not going to lie and say that it didn't seem like a strange coincidence to me...

"We dug into Millie's family tree and discovered something interesting... Millie's great-grandfather and his brothers were born in Spain... in fact, and this is the strange thing...very close to Navarra, the place where they are now...there is no public record and I doubt that Millie's relatives knew about it since their parents died very young, leaving them orphans at a very young age, apparently they arrived as refugees in London and so for a few years until they both died in an accident, Kelly is the second generation of the family after her grandfather and I doubt that anyone had any knowledge about all this"