Chapter 41.- "Stop your crying baby"

"Just stop your crying

Have the time of your life

Breaking through the atmosphere

And things are pretty good from here

Remember everything will be alright

We can meet again somewhere

Somewhere far away from here"

Song: "Sign of the times" by Harry Styles

4 years later...

Finn (POV)

Every night was the same battle....

"Please daddy one more story!...please, please"

That little creature with curly hair and brown eyes knew perfectly well that I couldn't refuse anything she asked of me, ever since I found out about her existence, my life changed completely...it was the day of our wedding, I guess Millie wanted to wait until after the ceremony to prevent me from passing out in front of everyone, but one time we were at the toast and Sadie replaced her glass of champagne with a glass of water...I knew, I don't know if it was that twinkle in her eye or her knowing look, but I knew even before the words left her mouth....

"I am pregnant, We're going to have a baby..."

After feeling guilty about the accident that caused the death of our baby, I did not think that life would bless me again with the opportunity to be a father, for a couple of years I still thought about that night, that accident, I blamed myself for not having been able to be faster, not having been able to save him, that still felt like an unfinished business that I would have to learn to live with, but anyway, life was good and now here we were... 4 years later and with a beautiful daughter.

"pumpkin, I've told you 3 stories already...it's time to sleep or mom will be mad!"

"I'm not afraid of mommy"

"No, but I do!" My hands go to her little belly attacking her with tickles that make her scream with laughter. "And you know that when your mom gets mad, she turns green like an ogre and it's daddy who has to find the magic antidote for her to go back to normal"

"Why is there so much noise here?" Millie appears in the doorway with a suspicious look on her face. "Violet, are you forcing your father to tell you stories again?"

"She has discovered us". I whisper in her ear making her laugh.

"Please mommy one more story... I want the story of Princess Eleanor and Prince Michael"

Millie looks at me hiding a smile, that story has always been her favorite, maybe it has to do with the fact that it is a true story, I wonder what Violett would say if one day she knew that her parents are somehow the protagonists of that story of love.

"Okay, but then you have to let daddy sleep" Millie kissed her forehead and then she kissed the top of my head, I saw her leave but inside I knew she was still there, hidden in the door frame, watching us both, I knew it because I usually do the same, as if it were not enough to live so much happiness day by day and so take a second to thank how lucky you are.

"She finally fell asleep". I let out a contented sigh as I lie down on the bed next to Millie, I position myself behind her snuggling her close to me as I bury my face in her hair. "God, I love the way you smell"

"After all this time I would hope that you will get used to my shampoo". She said letting out a giggle.

"Baby, I'll never get enough of you... seriously all day I'm just waiting for the moment to come home, tell Violett a story and get into bed with you... just like now, just like this, hold you, I don't need anything else"