Chapter 21

*continued from last chapter*

"What are you doing here," Meredith whispered harshly to Derek.

"This is my room," Derek showed his room card to Meredith.

Meredith smacked her forehead in realization, "Lexie and Mark." They both sighed in unison.

"Well you should go to the front desk and ask if they have a spare room or something," Meredith said as she opened the door.

"What me?" Derek asked as he followed her into the bedroom.

"Yes you. I'm going to wait here, you can leave your luggage or whatever but you need to sort this out." Meredith turned on the tv and kicked off her shoes.

Derek sighed and marched out of the room. He went to the front desk.

"There must have been some sort of mistake," Derek argued with the receptionist.

"I'm sorry Mr. Shepherd but all rooms are booked. I can check again tomorrow but unfortunately we don't have any available rooms today."

"Okay, thank you." Derek sighed as he walked away. Well this couldn't be so bad, he thought. The more he thought of it, it would be a great way to get close to her. Although he certainly knew she was not going to be happy. Derek got to the room and braced himself.

"So?" Meredith said as she sat up.

"No available rooms tonight," Derek plopped on the bed besides her.

"Are you just saying this to share a bed with me?"

Derek's eyes widened, "Oh get over yourself already. The overpass on the highway would be more quiet than sleeping next to you."

Meredith grabbed her suitcase and locked herself in the bathroom. A few minutes went by and she still hadn't come out of the bathroom. Derek got off of the bed and walked to the bathroom.

Derek knocked on the bathroom door, "Meredith? Meredith I didn't mean it. You actually don't snore that bad." He was greeted by silence.

"Mere-"

The door flung open and out came Meredith in a red two piece bathing suit.

"Were you saying something?" Meredith asked Derek as she grabbed sunscreen from her bag.

"Uh.. no. Where are you going?"

"Lexie texted me, she said her and Mark were at the pool so I'm going to join them." Meredith said as she put on her bathing suit cover.

"And no one was going to tell me?" Derek asked, offended.

"Well you know now so it's up to you," Meredith said as she walked out of the room. Derek hurriedly put on his swimming shorts. He met Lexie, Mark, and Meredith at the pool. They were all laying on chairs by the pool. Derek was going to lay next to Meredith but a young man took his spot, he had no choice but to lay next to Mark.

"Can you put sunscreen on my back for me," Lexie asked Mark. Mark nodded his head and began to massage sunscreen into Lexie's back.

"Oh crap I forgot to put on sunscreen," Meredith sat up and looked at the young man next to her, "Could you help me?"

Derek's head shot up.

"Of course," the young man smirked as Meredith handed him the sunscreen bottle and turned her back to him. The young man massaged the sunscreen into her back and shoulders. Derek couldn't make his jealousy any more obvious.

"Thank you," Meredith smiled.

The young man held his hand out, "Uh... Nathan."

Meredith looked at his hand and back up at him. She shook his hand, "Meredith."