Cinnamon

!TW! Attempted murder, blood (minor injury)

Elisabeth watched as Alastor walked down the stairs, smile growing on seeing the blonde trailing behind him. "Hello my dear! So nice to have you again!" She said cheerfully, cupping Anthony's cheek. Anthony gave a small laugh, shaking his head. "Glad to be here Elisa." He said with a smile. Over the past few months, Anthony really had grown much more comfortable around them, since he was technically living with them a third of the time. Even if he disliked how pushy she was for answers when he came over injured, he stopped minding it as much. Elisabeth and Alastor just had a way with making him feel like he mattered, like he was wanted. The rest of their evening was pretty uneventful, Alastor and Elisabeth stepping away for a minute just so he could fill her in on what was going on with their neighbours. Anthony sat at the table playing around with a fork waiting for them. Elisabeth quickly came out of the other room and patted him on the shoulder. "You aren't going anywhere sweetie. Don't worry." She said quietly. Anthony hated the pet name, but it was reassurance he needed, so he didn't mind this once. Alastor pulled him to his feet, pressing a kiss to his cheek and resting his hands on the blonde's shoulders. "Do you care to dance my dear?" He asked, Anthony thought for a moment. "Smiles, you know I've got two left feet. That's a baaad idea." He said honestly. Alastor rolled his eyes. "Oh shush, if I can summon a demon, you can dance." He said, pulling him into the lounge. Elisabeth laughed at that remark, glancing around the dining room. "Where is our little friend now that I think about it..." she muttered. It had been a while since she had even heard about it. She was about to go look around when she heard the radio on in the other room. Walking to the lounge, she simply stood in the doorway, watching with a content smile as Alastor taught Anthony a few simply steps. It was really cute to see them having fun. She lived for these happy moments with them.

Time went on, eventually Elisabeth turning in for the night. Alastor and Anthony sitting on the porch simply talking. Anthony overall was seemingly less tense. So the evening was going really well. Eventually both of them deciding to get some sleep. Of course, that was the one issue. Despite the amount of reassurance and comfort having Alastor with him brought. Sleep didn't come that night. Just as it hadn't the night before, and the night before that, and the one before that. Overall most of his week had been rendered sleepless. Simply laying awake and fiddling with Alastor's dark hair, gently carding his fingers through it. If being awake wasn't bad enough, it was proving to become more and more difficult to stay still. Eventually he gave up, standing and quietly walking downstairs.

When morning came, Alastor awoke with Anthony laying next to him asleep. His pressed a kiss to his forehead and got up, getting dressed and walking downstairs. Elisabeth was already awake and making breakfast. "Good morning." He said groggily as he walked in. "Morning my dear." She replied. "Is Anthony not awake yet?" She asked. "No, he's asleep. I decided to leave him." He said, glancing at the clock. "Unfortunately I have to leave in a few minutes. So I likely will not be here when he wakes up." Elisabeth nodded her head. "Any messages you want me to pass along?" She asked. Alastor thought for a moment. "Tell him that I'll be home in the afternoon, and not to go to his fathers house today. Oh! And that I hope he slept well." He said, smile crossing his face. Elisabeth smirked. "Should I throw in an 'I love you' while I'm at it?" She asked, cocking a brow. Alastor froze up, staring at her blankly. "Mama, neither of us have said it yet! And even if I did, I'm not going to say it for the first time through you." He said quickly. "But you do love him." She said almost knowingly. Alastor's cheeks quickly heated up at someone saying that out loud. Shaking his head dismissively. Elisabeth gave a small laugh, walking over to Alastor and pulling him down to press a kiss to his cheek. "I'm only teasing, go ahead to work. I'll let him know you're gone." She said with a smile. Alastor nodded, waving at her briefly before leaving.