Chapter 44

Taking Risk

I thought I regained my consciousness when I suddenly felt cold that I need to clutch on both of my bare shoulders.

Few seconds later, a cloth with a familiar scent draped over me. It was thin yet warm and I found myself snuggling on the fragrant piece of clothing.

On the background, I heard soft rumbling of a car's engine and the shrill woofing of air. It also came into my knowledge that I was not laying down on bed but sitting on a car's seat.

It was only then that I realized I was really with someone and we were driving to somewhere I don't even have any single idea with.

But the familiar smell I was talking about just now is becoming too familliar it was intoxicating me. That 'someone' could be a person I totally knew, and if I am right, this whole damn thing wouldn't lead me to any good.

Panic pierced right through me which made my eyes to open in a snap.

All my suspicions were confirmed when I saw Gray sitting behind the steering wheel, driving us to somewhere I don't even know. The reason why I am with him and what was he up to is also beyond me. All I know is that I should be out of here.

I jolted up from my seat and thrown him the cloth that was covering me. I realized it was his dress shirt since he was now only wearing a white t-shirt that was clinging on his body like a second skin.

He suddenly straight up on his seat as shock dominates his body. He glanced at me and that's when I decided to speak.

"Where are you taking me and why am I with you?!" I asked tightly.

He looked away and stared straight at the road we are trailing by.

Biglang sumilay ang inis sa katawan ko kaya sinubukan kong buksan ang pinto ng kotse nito.

"Stop the car. Bababa ako!" Sigaw ko.

Tila hindi niya narinig ang sinabi ko dahil dire-diretso parin ito sa pagpapatakbo.

"Gray! I said stop the car!" I yelled once again.

He shook his head adamantly and continue to drive amidst all my protests.

"No." He forced.

"Kung hindi mo to ihihinto, tatalon ako." Pagbabanta ko.

He palmed his face in frustration and looked at me. "All I wanted is for you to hear me out Amber. Please." He said, as if it was just something so easy to do.

No, it was not. Listening to someone who hurt you will never be a piece of cake. I have no plan on revisiting the pain again.

"Isa. Ihihinto mo o tatalon ako?!"

Napasabunot siya sa buhok niya pero inihinto ang sasakyan sa gilid ng daan.

Bumaba ako sa kotse nito at naglakad pabalik sa pinanggalingan namin. I don't even know where this road is leading me to, all I wanted was to get away from that man, that living pain of mine.

"Amber", he called from a distance but I never looked back. I will never ever look back again Gray. Everything has ended the way they were now.

Luminga ako sa paligid pero ilang kabahayan lamang ang nakikita ko. Maraming puno sa paligid kung saan maririnig ang huni ng mga insekto sa gabi.

By the sight around me, I knew we are far enough from the city. Where the hell does the jackass is planning to take me? Worse, is he planning to kidnap me?

"Amber. Please."
Narinig ko ang pagtawag mula sa likod ko.

Hindi ko inakalang sinundan pa rin niya ako.