Chapter 15

Confusions

"Mom?" Gray mumbled as my eyes widened.

Indeed, there stood a woman holding a tray of glasses of juice and sandwiches. Before I could barely think that she's a maid, I already saw how sophisticated she was, standing monumentally, wearing a black pointed-toe pump and a designer's suit. Her pale skin is glowing as it was hit by the rays of the sun. She looks regal and respectable.

"Did I interrupt your practice?" She smiled at us teasingly. Bumaba ang tingin niya sa kamay ni Gray. Doon ko lang rin napansin na hawak ko parin pala ang kamay nito. Tila napaso kong nabitawan iyon.

Nahuli kong napangiti ang mommy ni Gray nang mapansin ang pagbitaw ko.

"I thought you might be hungry, so I brought you snacks." Ibinaba niya ang tray na hawak sa coffee table na nasa harap namin.

Umiling si Gray. "I never saw you bringing food to my classmates mom. What is this about?"

"You're welcome honey, and correction, ang madalas mo lang na mga bisita dito ay ang mga pinsan mo, Green at Sky. You never brought a classmate, non-relative classmate. So I think it would be nice of me to personally meet and welcome the first one. I was more surprise that it is a girl." Bumaling sa akin ang mommy niya na may malaking ngiti. "I'm Freya, Gray's mom." She offered her hand.

I shook it. "I'm Amber Arcega. Nice meeting you maam."

She waved a hand. "Just call me tita. You don't need to be formal with me dear." She laughed.

Hindi ko alam kung anong nagpatawa rito pero ngumiti na lamang ako.

"Okay mom. You may leave us now, we'll continue our practice." Gray interrupted.

She raised her neatly-made eyebrow. "Oh, my son is telling me to leave my own house. See how uncourteous, he is?" Kausap sa akin nito.

Gray groaned but did not commented back. He leaned back on his chair. Tumingin sa akin ang mommy ni Gray at kumindat.

I chuckled with the scene in front of me. Omg! There is no better sight than of Gray being so frustrated.

Sumulyap ang mommy niya sa hindi ko pa tapos na painting bago nanlaki ang mga mata.

I never imagine her squeaked like a teenage girl. I never thought how my first impression of her being sophisticated were change in a snap of a finger.

Now I proved that Gray inherited his grumpiness from his dad.

"You paint?" Aniya.

I smiled meekly. "Yes po. But not as good as a pro."

She raised her forehead. "Oh dear, I know a good painting when I see one, and your's was good, great actually." She smiled.

Naramdaman ko ang kaunting hiya na bihirang lumabas sa katawan ko.

I was more fluttered when she awed. "Oohh! Look at her Gray. She's so cute when blushing." His mom looked at me. "Do you mind being my son's girlfriend?"

Naumid ako sa hangin kasabay ng paglaki ng mga mata ko. Hindi ko pa man naiinom ang iced tea na nasa harap ko ay nabilaukan na ako agad.