Chapter 39

Project

"I already reviewed all your action plans and these are all that I approved. Kristine Gaspar, Renz Ditro, Amber Arcega ..."

I sighed the moment I heard my name, that means, I would not be revising or devising an action plan again. I remembered I almost ripped my head off in the middle of the night when I was planning for that one.

My project was entitled "Paint My Future." It will be a three Saturday project plus workshop that will involve kids from Bahay Kalinga, an orphanage which  mom and dad usually donate every end of the year. But for the first Saturday, I will be touring them in this art museum located just around the city.

Basically, my objective will be to at least introduce the kids to painting. But at the end of the project, I will try to upload and sell their works in different social media platforms and all the proceeds will be donated as funds for the orphanage.

"Where are you going Amber?" Lesley and Lauren asked when our class is done.

"I'll definitely going to buy all the materials I need for the project."

Lauren pouted which made Lesly sigh in exasperation.

"Mabuti ka pa ok na yung action plan mo. We still need to revise ours." Lauren mentioned.

"Yeah. We are sorry we can't help you buy paint materials. We need to go to the library for this one." It was Lesley.

I waved my hand, signaling it's fine. "You don't need to worry about me. Just call me when you need help." I smiled which they returned before walking through the hallway that leads to the university library.

"Hey Amber girl!" My head snap at my side when someone called me, until I realized that this someone is actually my flamboyant friend name Rob. Tugging with him was Mia.

"Going home already?" Mia asked as soon as they got near me.

"Nope. Remember this project I was telling you with one of my major subjects? My action plan was approved so I need to buy materials that kids from Bahay Kalinga will be using." I explained.

Their eyes pop wide open and they grinned.

"We'll come!" They said cheerily in unison.

It was only then I remembered that we all have the same time of dismissal today.

"So, when will be this project of yours starts?" Asked Mia as we stroll with a push cart around this art shop I found online that sells quality but thrifty paint materials.

"As soon as possible. If I settled everything before this week ends, most probably, it will start next Saturday." I answered and put enough paint brushes in the cart.

Mia and Rob nodded and we continue looking for the materials I have in my list.

Nabaling nalang ang atensyon namin kay Rob nang hindi ito mapakali at paulit-ulit na lumilingon sa paligid.

"Bakit ba hindi ka mapakali?" Hindi na napigilan ni Mia na itanong.

Rob made a last glance around before his eyes settled on us. "I have this feeling of someone watching us." He said creepily.

My forehead knotted with that. I and Mia unconsciously look around us to spot something suspicious but all we just see are people busy on their own businesses.