Betrayal

Chapter seven

Betrayal

🌿ꕥ

Stiles stared at the cash his best friend brought from his mission with Argent. "Have you counted it yet?"

The boy originally came in with the last part of the dead pool but when he saw the money he stayed silent.

After he spent the last half of an hour consoling Lydia after Parrish's call about Meredith's suicide he left for Scott's.

"No," Scott answered, sitting across from his best friend.

"We should probably count it," Stiles said, and with Scott's help poured the cash out of the bag.

After spending at least ten minutes counting the money, they played the tape that was in the bag as well.

"After entering the IP address, you will be connected through a Darknet portal to an untraceable bank. Once, logged in, enter your account number to receive wire transfers. The IP address will deactivate with each transfer. You will be assigned a new IP address if you choose to continue down the list. Remember, visual confirmation is always required for payment."

"You ever made a wire transfer?" Stiles asked Scott after he paused the tape.

Scott shrugged. "Never had enough money."

The scrawny boy hummed. "So you didn't understand a word of that either?"

"I don't understand any of it." The young werewolf admitted. "Why would someone use all this money just to kill us?"

"Someone wants you dead, badly," Stiles said. "And probably not just you." He sighed. "Flora is on the list Scott." He pulled out the printed piece of paper and pointed at Flora's name.

"Thirty million? W-wow." Scott stuttered as he read the price.

"Yeah, wow." Stiles sarcastically laughed before pointing at the last name on the paper. "Lydia and I were more shocked to see this, though."

Scott's eyes grew at least three sizes when he saw the name. "That must be a mistake, right?"

Stiles clenched his jaw as he angrily breathed through his nose. "Does the person who made the list seem like someone who makes mistakes?" He spat, pushing the paper out of the way.

"Are you going to tell her?" The young werewolf asked as he watched his best friend.

Stiles bit his lip as he shook his head. "I don't know." He let out a tired sigh. "Flora saw her mother shot herself, in the head!" He raised his voice a little when he mentioned where the woman was shot. "Even my dad saw it." He added. "We just made up, I don't want to mess it up by talking about her mother."