This is Me Trying

(This chapter reminded me of Taylor Swift's song 'This is me trying' so I decided to name the chapter after it, I recommend listening to the song while reading the second half of the chapter, it reminds me of Flora's and Stiles' situation a lot:) just two teenagers who are trying but can't seem to find the solution for both of them)

🌿ꕥ

Chapter eight

This is Me Trying

🌿ꕥ

Flora sat on her bed and watched Malia checking out her room, ever now and then stopping and looking at random posters or photos Flora had.

"Was this your first date?" The girl spoke up as she carefully grabbed the series of photos from a photobooth.

The blonde stood up and walked towards the girl, looking over Malia's shoulder. "No." She shook her head. "It wasn't exactly a date." She mumbled and looked at the buzz-cut-haired boy in the photos. "It was a group thing."

Malia nodded and wandered around the room again, stopping in front of a poster. "What's that?" She pointed at it.

"Blondie, it's a band." Flora explained, letting the girl go through her room, not bothered by her questions.

"Is this your mom?"

That made Flora look up from the photo booth photos in her hands. "Was..." She swallowed. "Or is, I don't know." She shrugged and looked at the photo.

Malia grimaced and nodded. "Did they tried to reach out?" She asked, sitting on the blonde's bed.

Flora sighed and sat on the floor, nodding. "Stiles kept calling me and tried to come over, the same with Lydia." She admitted, remembering how her dad lied for her, saying she was sick so they would leave. "You?"

Malia hummed. "Yeah, they probably realized that they pissed off the badest bitches of the group."

Flora laughed, throwing her head back a little. "Or their guilt is eating them alive." She added, earning a smile from the girl opposite her.

"Yeah, that too, I guess." She murmured. "What are you going to do?"

Flora crossed her arms. "What are you going to do?" She fired back.

Malia leaned against the yellow wall and put her knees to her chest. "Talk to Peter I guess, "

Flora jumped on the bed, tilting her head. "Are you sure? I know it must've been a shock." She slowly said, not knowing how the girl would react.

Malia bit her upper lip and looked around the room, not knowing how to react. Of course, she knew how risky it would be to go and talk to Peter but he was her father, after all, she needed answers. "Maybe, you could come with me?" The girl suggested, slowly.