Arouse

Chapter thirty

Arouse

🍂ꕥ

Thunder rumbled through the shower room as Flora and Lydia stood underneath the hot water. The blonde's tense muscles could finally relax underneath the running water, happy that she remembered the boy from earlier.

Stiles.

A smile crept on Flora's face when she remembered him. She wished she would talk to him but she just couldn't. If Valack wouldn't do the ECT she would be able to talk and tell him about everything but the British man knew what would happen if Flora would address the whole situation.

"Young, get on with it, we don't have the whole night."

Flora's smile dropped when she heard the voice behind her. She hated that she and Lydia had to take a shower in front of the Eichen House workers. The girl wasn't exactly insecure about her body but that didn't mean she was happy to expose herself to other people.

"Just let me wash her hair," Flora mumbled back, gently washing off the cheap shampoo from Lydia's hair.

The girl knew that Lydia was still in some kind of shock, fighting with herself to wake up. Flora had no problem helping her shower since the worker refused to do anything else but snap at them. To be honest, Flora was rather happy that it was the woman with them rather than the creepy guy.

"I'm not buying the catatonic act." The woman spoke again, annoyed with the two girls. "I know she can hear me."

Flora had to bite her tongue, trying not to snap at the worker because she know that it would mean punishment - and she had no strength to go through another 'therapy'.

"Hey!" The girl snapped when the worker grabbed Lydia's face and turned it towards her. "We're done okay?" Flora gently pulled Lydia's hand, stepping in front of her. "You can take us back."

An arrogant scoff left the woman's mouth but she didn't say anything back. It was Flora who helped Lydia get dressed while they were shoved back into their room.

Lydia laid down again while Flora was being strapped to the bed, again. "What's that?" She questioned when the sleazy guy who switched shifts with the woman came in, holding a big needle. "Hey, answer me!" She angrily barked when he ignored her and walked toward Lydia. "Hey!"

The man ignored her and gently turned Lydia's head, ready to put the needle in the side of her neck.

"Stop!" Flora yelled at the same time when Lydia sat up and let out a loud shriek, breaking every single light bulb in the building.

The girl was shocked to see the man fly back, hitting his head and falling into unconsciousness due to their scream. "Lydia, go!" Flora ordered when she saw the girl looking at her, not knowing what to do.