Smoke and Fire

Chapter thirteen

Smoke and Fire

🌿ꕥ

"Where on Earth did you get a prison van?" Flora asked when her eyes fell on the dark van in front of them.

All of them together drove to the abandoned warehouse that stood by the end of the small town the group lived in. It was bittersweet meeting at that place again, considering the fact the last time they were there, they saw Jackson turn into a werewolf from his Kanima form.

Braeden walked towards the group with a proud smirk on her face. "I'm a U.S Marshal."

Stiles stood next to his girlfriend with wide eyes. "I thought that was just a cover." He mumbled, embarrassed.

"Are we really bringing him?"

The teens' heads turned at the voice of Derek Hale, who jumped out of the jeep Peter drove.

"Are we really bringing him?" Stiles fired back when he saw Peter step out of the vehicle as well.

"We're bringing everyone we can." Peter snapped, ignoring the heated looks he was getting from the group. "Considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going."

Flora tried to hold the eye roll that was nudging her inside but she couldn't stop it. "Shut up." She mumbled, earning a sarcastic scoff from the man.

"I think I liked you better when you didn't talk back." He sighed, remembering how scared Flora used to be when he first confronted her.

"I liked you better when you were dead." She hissed and squeezed Stiles' hand when she felt him slip his palm into hers.

"That could go both ways." Peter gave her a tight smile, earning a growl from Malia and an angry look from Stiles.

Liam watched the whole situation with a tilted head and confused glare, looking like a lost puppy while Flora had to bite her tongue from talking back to the man.

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?" Peter continued, ignoring the teenagers.

"She wants to make him younger?" Liam spoke up for the first time they arrived.

"Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf." Derek thought out loud.

Peter nodded. "A werewolf can't steal a true Alpha's power." He shrugged. "But maybe a Nagual jaguar, with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her? Maybe she can." He smiled and pointed at the van behind them. "If everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going."

"We won't." Flora shook her head. "Not without Lydia."

Peter groaned in annoyance. "You and your little friendship." He mocked the girl before leaning against the car. "It's ridiculous." He whispered to himself and watched the teen call her best friend.