Motion Sickness

(I listened to Fix You by Coldplay when I was writing this chapter and now it's Flora's & Stiles' song, idc)

Chapter twenty-seven

Motion Sickness

🍂ꕥ

Stiles woke up in his father's hospital room, not caring about anything else but him. It was a shock for him to wake up to an empty bed, only to find his dad standing in the morgue next to Donovan's body.

The teenage boy let out a sigh before stepping in, interrupting him.

"The story Theo told me about the library." Noah started. "That's how it happened." He sighed, leaning against the crutches he got. "But it wasn't his story."

Stiles played with his fingers, scared to look Noah in his eyes. "Yeah." He silently nodded.

"Stiles." Noah sighed. "I can't protect you if I don't know the truth."

Stiles looked down at his shoes and gulped, not knowing how to admit what he did out loud again.

"Did you really feel like you couldn't tell me?" The older Stilinski asked with a tired voice.

Noah knew that his son did what he had to protect himself but he felt hurt that he stayed silent about it.

"I couldn't tell anyone." Stiles quietly spoke up. "Only Flora found out." He admitted.

Noah looked at his son with soft eyes. "Did you really think that I wouldn't believe that it was self-defense?" He asked.

"What if it wasn't?" Stiles argued. "What if I told you I wanted him dead?"

"I'd believe you," Noah reassured him. "I also believe that wanting someone dead and murdering them are two very different things."

The father and son had a deep conversation about what happened with Donovan and Noah admitted that he had no problem with destroying every piece of evidence if he had to.

He knew that his son wasn't a killer but he also knew that Stiles blamed himself and hated himself for letting Donovan die.

"I feel like I lost something," Stiles confessed his feelings. "I feel like I can't get it back."

Noah put his arm around his son in a confronting way. "You can get back a little by forgiving yourself." He advised with a gentle voice. "And since that's not always the easiest thing in the world to do, then maybe you start by forgiving someone else."

Stiles shook his head, tears rolling down his cheeks. He knew that his dad meant forgiving Scott but he didn't know-how.

The family members pulled each other in for a hug, both of them needing the comfort of one and other.