Suppressed

Chapter twenty-two

Suppressed

🍁ꕥ

Nothing has happened since the previous night.

No hallucinations, no signs of hallucinations, or even vivid dreams. Nothing.

Flora walked behind Scott, Stiles, and Kira while they theorized about the reasons why they haven't experienced any symptoms.

"How are we supposed to trigger a memory that we don't remember?" Stiles asked, putting his hand over Flora's shoulder, pulling her closer to them.

Scott shrugged. "Maybe it's a delayed thing. Maybe you have to wait a couple of hours to see what happens."

The blonde was about to say an annoying remark but the electricity buzzing made her stay silent. The four teenagers looked up when the lights flickered and then looked back to Kira when it stopped.

It's been three days since Kira somehow created the blackout situation at Eichen, having to be carried out by Scott.

"That wasn't me." Kira defended herself. "I swear."

The young Alpha nodded at his girlfriend and looked at the couple in front of him. "We keep an eye on each other today, okay?"

"Of course." Flora agreed, hugging herself.

Stiles squeezed her shoulder, noticing that she shivered. "And keep an eye out for eight other potentially homicidal Chimeras." He mocked Scott's words.

"And for the Dread Doctors." Kira grimaced, feeling drowsy by the amount of danger around them.

The couples separated after that; Flora and Stiles sat outside on the bench and quietly tried to study together. Ever since the thing with Donovan, Stiles avoided the library like a plague.

"Please stop looking at me like you're just waiting for me to break down." The boy spoke out, moving his stare from the Algebra book to the girl in front of him.

Flora bit her lip and gave him an awkward smile, not expecting him to notice. "Sorry." She cringed when she heard her voice. "Liam is trying to get this girl to talk to him." She attempted to change the topic, hoping that Stiles would be grateful for Flora's try to make his brain take a break from Donovan.

Stiles chuckled for the first time in days. "And I bet he's failing miserably." He joked, closing the book. "How do you even know that?" He raised his eyebrows, happy that he had a girlfriend who enjoyed a little gossip from time to time.

"Mason." Flora shrugged and put her head in her hands, not even bothering to hide that she was done studying. "Her name is Hayden and Liam put gum in her hair in sixth grade or something."