Line Without a Hook

3rd pov [still same day]

"Here you are [y/n]! It came early!" Mama cheered as she handed the girl a guitar.

"thank you, mama." [y/n] bowed as she took the instrument and held it.

'yay for me i guess.' [y/n] thought as she walked away.

After scanning her surroundings for the tenth-billionth time, [y/n] sat on a chair facing the wall in some random extra bedroom.

She carefully opened the book on song and skimmed through its pages.

"line without a hook. song written by rick montgomery." [y/n] muttered to herself as she read over the notes needed to produce such a song.

When she was little, she always wanted to play this song. she made a little guitar of sticks and twine. though the sounding was horrible, and the quality of the quitar was even more horrible, [y/n] tried to play the song. To practice the notes until she was old enough to play.

All this... because that small, little [y/n] found out the Ray used to like that song.

Strumming a few notes, [y/n] pushed any fear away and began to clear her throat.

Oh but since she was facing the wall, she didn't know that Ray, Emma, Norman, Gilda, Don and Phil were watching her from the doorframe; all trying their best to not make a sound.

[this is ur BEAUTIFUL voice. but if u don't like the cover, find another one or just picture it! Hint: you can go to the top and watch it while ur scrolling and reading! i think. oh yeah and [y/n] uses her real voice in this one]

"I don't really give a dam about the way you touch me when we're alone. " [y/n] began singing, surprising everyone at the door, "You can hold my hand if no one's home."

She strum the strings, singing along perfectly and beautifully.

"Do you like it when I'm away? If I went and hurt my body, baby, would you love me the same?" She sang along the music, "I can feel all my bones coming back and I'm craving motion. Mama never really learned how to live by herself."

"It's a curse. And it's growing" her voice grew in volume as all the children became lost into her melody, "You're a pond and I'm an ocean, Oh, all my emotions feel like explosions when you are around. And I've found a way to kill the sounds, oh~"

Ray could feel his face flush as he admired the girl before him. Singing a song that he used to love.

"Oh, baby, I am a wreck when I'm without you. I need you here to stay, I broke all my bones that day I found you. Crying at the lake." She continued, "Was it something I said to make you feel like you're a burden? Oh, and if I could take it all back, I swear that I would pull you from the tide."

She strummed, hitting every note amazingly.

"Oh, I said no, I said no. Listen close, it's a no. The wind is a-pounding on my back" She sang, "And I found hope in a heart attack. Oh at last, it is past.
Now I've got it, and you can't have it."

Emma gripped the doorframe in excitement and aw.

"Oh baby, I am a wreck when I'm without you, I need you here to stay. I broke all my bones that day I found you. Crying at the lake." [y/n] strummed as Phil quietly gasped, "Was it something I said to make you feel like you're a burden? Oh and if I could take it all back, I swear that I would pull you from the tide~" She began vocalizing louder, making Ray's face flush even more.

"Darling, when I'm fast asleep, I've seen this person watching me saying, 'Is it worth it? Is it worth it? Tell me, is it worth it?' Oh~" She sang loudly, surprising everyone that she could even hit that amount of notes, "Guess there is something, and there is nothing." She continued, "There is nothing in between. In my eyes, there is a tiny dancer watching over me, singing..."

She paused, before inhaling and she began to sing all so very softly and beautifully.

"'She's a, she's a lady, and I am not a boy' singing, 'She's a, she's a lady, and I am just a line without a hook'" [y/n] began raising her voice.

"Oh baby, I am a wreck when I'm without you. I need you here to stay, I broke all my bones that day I found you. Crying at the lake.
Was it something I said to make you feel like you're a burden? Oh,
and if I could take it all back I swear that I would pull you from the tide~"

And just like that, the song ended and [y/n] carefully cleaned and put the instrument away.

'Do I... love her..?'

~~~
hah sorry i needed an excuse to use this song man the cover that i used SLAPS.
uh sorry- this was a filler, but hey- at least you saw [y/n] sing!

Also, should i do another, 'idk i'm having fun'?

comment which one you want!

YES LOL I WANNA C ANOTHER IDK IM HAVING FUN LETS GOOOOO

no. it was too cringey for my system. no. i have nightmares because of that. no. No. nO. NO. NOO. NAW. NUH UH. NOPE. ACCESS DeNiED 🙅🏻‍♀️. yOu hAvE bEEn sToPPed.

ok thank u! bye!