As the World Caves In

an: for this chap, listen to the song above, "As the world caves in" if you want your sadness to intensify. I put in an hour loop one just in case you don't finish reading and the song finishes. and don't think [y/n] is done with u fools yet. this is a shorter one, I just couldn't fit the next part so ill work on the other chap right after this one. alsomysistergavemethesuggestiontodoasongficwiththissongsothatyoucouldcry

 Okie bai :]

3rd pov

Ray quickly closed the book, at the verge of tears already. The rest of the book was all of her detailed plans she wrote, not like he would have the courage to read through all of it though.

He stormed off, leaving Don and the book as he slammed the old library doors. Don sighed as he looked back at her book. A wave of guilt hit him, as flashes of him yelling at her, punching her, and blaming filled his brain.

I guess she did care, didn't she? Guess she did love all of us, didn't she? Guess she did feel, didn't she? 

He hung is head low, he had finally understood why Ray was so tired. 

~~~

Ray rushed to the window looking out to the field in front of the house. Maybe he could still catch them and save her... but who was he kidding? She was long gone. She's gone. 

He looked out into the yard, it was heavily raining. The sky seemed to be just as upset as Ray had, painting a dark grey across the once star-filled sky he and [y/n] once set goals upon. 

'I wanted her to smile. If I wanted it so much, why did it hurt so much more when she had smiled for the last time..?'

What was his last moment with her? Oh, thats right, when he had confessed his undying love for her. He thought that if he had told her that, maybe it would have given her enough courage to fight back, refuse to leave, not- just not leave him.

The rain slammed against the window as the wind roared beyond the doors of his fake home. 

His tear-stained face tiredly pressed against the ice cold window. Though he had only pressed his cheek on the window, he still felt cold everywhere, as a ring of fog covering the window around his cheek. 

They say there are 5 stages of grief; denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Was there a way he could slip in guilt and emptiness in there?

He looked out to the field, unknowingly staring at the spot under the tree he sat at every day. 

~~~

Ray pov

"hey, ray." [y/n] threw a book at me as she walked over and took another book to, again, smack me in the head with. 

"What is your deal?!" I attempted to swat her away, only to get smacked for the third time in a row. 

"you forgot to say, 'i'm so sorry for sitting here on my butt all day shoving my face with books, [y/n]. oh, by the way, happy seventh birthday. you are the coolest, best-est person that i've ever met' after that." [y/n] corrected as I scoffed. 

Thats right. Today was her birthday. She is acing every test everyday, so I have five more years with her, right? I hope we can get out of here together, but I don't think it's possible for all of us. 

It was a pititularly sunny day that afternoon [or it was just oddly sunny that day if ur birthday is in the winter], so the shade of the tree I had unknowingly claimed had helped.

"hey, ray." [y/n] called out, to which I had nodded to her, "I could get adopted any day ya'know," 

How can I respond to that?

"just know, when that eventually happens, i just... don't want you to forget me, kay..?"

I scoffed, "Really? Thats what you're stressing about? Why'd you say stupid stuff like that?" 

[y/n] turned to me and gave me a 'bruh' look, and sighed, before sticking out her pinky finger to me, "just... just promise. promise you'll not forget me"

I sighed playfully as I latched my finger with hers, "Kay. I promise to never forget you. Till' the sun burns out, and the world caves in."

"I'll also promise to never forget you... till' the sun burns out and the world caves in. forever."

"Forever it'll be then."

~~~

3rd pov

 Ray stared at his pinky finger. 

"forever." he muttered under his breath, as hot tears dripped onto his hand. 

As he stood there, he could feel someone else behind him. A wave of wind hit his back; he could feel a familiar presence creep up behind him, and yet, he was too tired to even look to see who it was. 

"forever it'll be then." 

ok guys rate this book from 1-10 on how sad and/or how good it was. I need ego boost