The Library With Ray

3rd pov

Ray's tired, dull eyes shook a little when the sound of the old library doors opening, and closing softly.

Looking down from his upper view, he saw a sleep deprived eleven-year old; also called [y/n]. As she climbed up the stairs to him, he quickly grabbed a book and shoved his face in it, holding back his already forming tears.

"hey." [y/n] called out, "rayyy?"

No response.

"no way in hell i'm dealing with this sh*t again." [y/n] picked up a nearby book and threw it at the boy.

"OW— What the hell?!" Ray yelled as he was forced to drop down his book.

"i don't have the energy to deal with two idiots ignoring me— let alone one." [y/n] sighed as she sat down next to him.

"How many tests have you done yet? Thirty-two sounds draining." Ray glanced at the girl, as if he was feeling pity on her.

"thirty-two? how about fifty-eight." [y/n] sighed tiredly, her eyelids feeling like they had sixty pound weights attached to them.

"When was the last time you slept?"

"you think i know?"

Ray sighed as he lightly grabbed [y/n]'s head and placed it in his lap.

"why the hell—" [y/n]'s ears slightly turned red, but went unnoticed by Ray.

"You need to sleep! You got a week more of this and you're already worn out!" Ray scolded as [y/n] sighed.

"maybe... it'll be less than a week." she mumbled as she averted her eyes.

"I'd want you to have a week more. To live, I mean." Ray spoke honestly, [y/n] knowing that the statement he spoke out wasn't going to be true.

"Do you have a plan? To escape before your shipment?" Ray asked more harshly, as if he depended on it.

"probably not." [y/n] spoke as truthfully as him.

"You're gonna make it out alive, right?" Ray's voice lost volume the more he spoke; scared can't begin to describe what he felt.

But she felt it too.

"i... don't know." [y/n] muttered, "let's just hope, right?"

"Hey." Ray changed the subject, "Why did you put yourself in this much pain? You know what I mean."

He changed the subject to an even worse one.

"got a coin?" [y/n] asked randomly, to be responded with a 'sure.'

Ray passed a silver dime into her hand, and she inspected it slowly. The cold coin rubbing against her finger tips soothed her. She sighed, and flipped the coin high in the air.

After multiple flips and turns, it landed in her hand; Ray with the most confused face ever and [y/n], tiresome.

"i put myself through pain so then you guys won't have to." [y/n] mumbled out, "years of my endless plans and thoughts, so that when you guys head into play, i can have some control of the damage that is taken."

Ray nodded, still very confused, "so what's with the coin-flip-thing?"

"heads for telling you the truth, tails for lying to you. i got heads."

"Ah, that makes sense."

"yeah."

"Hey?" Ray asked suddenly.

"what?" [y/n] answered tiredly.

"Did you ever have a plan if any of us died? Like what's happening now?" Ray asked.

'jesus i'm starting to regret using that coin.'

"i do. i do have one plan for that." [y/n] closed her eyes and yawned.

"What is it?" Ray asked, almost prepared to undergo anything her last plan consists of.

"you need to do two things for now. one; remember the very little things  i told you throughout the eleven years i've been here and take them into mass consideration."

"Okay, what else."

"two... don't try and stop me from getting shipped out."

He was almost prepared to undergo anything her plan consists of.

"But why—"

"let's talk about it the day after tomorrow, 'kay? i am extremely tired and kinda wasted a request to sit here with you."

"A request..?"

"ok ima try to go to bed, and i highly recommend you do too."

"...and you're still gonna be on my lap?"

"yup."

"I can't feel my legs."

"too bad loser."

~~~

-extra scene-

"ray i can't sleep."

"Why are you telling me that?"

"oh sh*t you're awake?"

"Yeah dumba*ss."

"well I can't sleep."

"And when was that my problem?"

"it is now cause if you ignore me ima pester you so much you can't anymore."

"Okay jesus! Do you want me to hum a lullaby or something?"

"that sounds nice yeah."

"K then."

~~~~

OK THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT SO LISTEN UP!!

I'm going to be doing all day school now, so updates will take much longer to post!!

I'm so sorry I didn't post much this week guys, and I tried to make this chapter a bit wholesome before i start schooling again.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 35K READS, YOU GUYS REALKY DONT KNOW HOW MUCH THAT MEANS TO ME!!!!

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT U GUYS HAVE GIVEN ME AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING LIFELESS BEAUTY!!!

I LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS SO MUCH, AND HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT!!!

:)