Emotion Over Logic

this is a VERY heavy chapter so grab joe popcorn peeps~
And, i'm not gonna blur out bad words too, for the full e f f e c t

you've been w a r n e d

3rd pov

"Let's go over the plan."

"Emma, Norman, and [y/n] will climb over the wall to inspect the vicinity."

"Don and Gilda, stay outside where you can see the south window in the house's third floor"

"Just in case I fail to distract mama, I'll signal to you."

"Let Emma, Norman, and [y/n] know to cancel the inspection immediately."

[y/n] heard Ray instruct, not like she was paying much attention to begin with.

There was only one thing on her mind.

She had to tell him.

Now.

As Emma, Norman, Gilda, and Don ran off to begin the plan, [y/n] stayed behind and gripped Ray's shoulder firmly.

"What are you doing? Go on with Emma and Norman." Ray tried to turn back to look at her but was being held back tighter.

"don't worry i can easily catch up with them. i'm gonna say something pretty long. and i don't want you to look at me, or respond to anything i say. just.. after i'm done talking, walk into the house and forget it happened, ok?" [y/n] instructed, to which Ray nodded, not even facing her.

"look." [y/n] took a quivering breath, "you keep on making me sick. well, i can only assume you make me sick. when i'm near you, my heart pounds 2.3 times faster than it's regular beat. and my face feels hot when you make your sarcastic remarks.

how can something verbal can effect me physically? how are you doing that? why? why now, when all of your lives are in the most danger, do you easily make my mind a crippling mess?

i asked myself these questions every single day. why is it only now, that i notice that little sparkle in those dark green eyes of yours? it amazes me how quickly one can be enveloped in such deep eyes.

so, in an attempt to find the reason for this sickness you put me under, i read every book i could find for these symptoms. and re-read them too. however in my quest for answers i only found one solution to this equation." Her hands were shaking and she took a big gulp before finally spitting out,

"To sum it up, Ray, I am head over heels for you. And I'll always be. Ray, I... I love you. Always and forever."

The weight on the boy's shoulder disappeared and as he quickly turned to look back, he could see her already quickly running through the forest.

~~~

"What took you so long?" Emma asked while the insomniac caught up.

"had to do something." She answered in between breaths.

"Well, we're here!" Emma smiled.

The two slowed down their pace as the tangerine climbed up the tree.

[y/n] stared at the wall dooming over her, as if it were her enemy, and her it was her savior.

As Emma jumped down with a sack in hand, the three gave each other a nod, before suddenly turning their attention to the path behind them.

"emma." [y/n] instructed.

"Yeah." Emma responded quickly, before throwing the sack of rope into the forest.