Part 26 - Barrier

"Well, bring me back!" she yells.  "I can't be fucking dead!"

I quickly suppress my rising panic and force myself to kneel beside Madison's body.  "Okay, okay," I sigh.  "Let's all just calm down.  I'll go ahead and Vitalum Vitalis you."

"Bitch, you'd better hurry," Madison rushes me.  "This feels really fucking weird."

I nod as I hold my hand over Madison's body and close my eyes.  I take a deep breath and perform Vitalum Vitalis.  I open my eyes as Madison gasps, back in her body.

"Thank god," she mutters as she sits up.  "That felt so weird."

"Guys!" Michael yells from outside the gate.  "Let's not forget about how I was just thrown out here!"

I open the door to see Michael standing at the front gate.  "Can you not come in?" I ask.

He shakes his head.  "You might want to check this out."

We all transmutate out to the gate.  Michael holds his hand out and presses it against the gate, but it stops against an invisible wall.  He slams his hand against the wall, but nothing happens. 

"There's a barrier around the house," he says.  "I can feel it."

"How the hell is there a barrier?" I ask.  "And why did it not throw you out until now?"

"There wasn't a barrier until when I was thrown out."

"How the hell was a barrier formed?" Madison scoffs.

We all pause, but then I remember something.  "Oh shit," I mutter.  "I think I did this."

"What do you mean?" she asks.

"When I killed Ramirez, a burst of energy exploded from the black shards that he turned into.  After the shards exploded, Michael was thrown out.  What if the burst of energy formed the barrier?"

"It makes sense," Mallory inputs.  "I could feel the sheer power explode from those shards."

"So could I," Michael agrees.

"So how do we destroy the barrier?" Madison asks.

Michael quickly shakes his head.  "We don't want to do that."

"Why?" I ask.

"This is a protective barrier," he explains.  "It's to protect the house from me, which means it's also probably to protect the house from my father."

"Wait a minute, that's genius," Mallory adds on.  "Ramirez said that he needed to check in on all the hell mouths, which means that they are probably essential to starting the apocalypse.  If Satan can't reach this hell mouth, that means his plans are ruined."

Michael nods.  "We need to get back to Cordelia.  You guys can wrap things up in there, and I'll be waiting out here for you."

We all nod in agreement and Madison and Mallory turn back to the house.  I turn back as well, but Michael speaks up.  "Esmeray."

"Yeah?" I ask, turning back to face him.

He pauses for a moment, his demeanor nervous. Eventually, he asks, "Could you send my mother out here?"

I send him a surprised look, not expecting him to ask for that. However, my face soon melts into a smile. "Of course." As I turn away from him, I transmutate back to the house.

All of the ghosts are standing in the hallway, having watched everything that happened.  Violet quickly grabs my arm.  "How did you bring Madison back to life?" she asks.