Part 41 - Massacre

"So you're saying that Satan basically sent out a text to all the Cooperative members saying, Hey, I'm hosting the apocalypse in three weeks. Oh, and don't forget to bring your flamethrowers and Satanic friends!" Madison scoffs as she leans back in her chair in Cordelia's office.

I shrug. "Basically."

"Except in, you know, a formal newsletter that's extremely encrypted and shit," Michael adds on.

"So that's how Satan got the Satanists to join him: he reached out through the Cooperative," Cordelia sighs. "Shit, I knew we should've killed them off earlier."

"It's okay, Delia," Myrtle comforts her. "We've had more pressing issues on our plate, and killing a bunch of rich Satanists didn't seem that high up."

Cordelia shakes her head as she looks down. "I just feel like I could've handled this so much better. I let Queenie stay in the Hotel Cortez because I didn't think that any of the spirits there could harm her. I pushed the Cooperative off and didn't realize how big of a threat they were. I got myself killed in that vision of the future, which helped lure Michael and Esmeray there for Satan to attack them. I didn't even think to bring back Marie Laveau until that vision. I feel like I've failed as your Supreme."

Almost immediately, all the witches begin to console her and tell her about how great of a Supreme she is. We all begin to quiet down as Misty takes Cordelia's hand, and Cordelia sends her a grateful look as a tear streams from her eye.

"You girls are truly the best," Cordelia smiles as she looks around the room. Michael clears his throat and Cordelia chuckles. "And boy," she adds on.

He chuckles as he fixes his hair and allows his hand to fall to his side. I take it, and he interlaces our fingers.

"We have three weeks to prepare for this apocalypse," Cordelia sighs. "I know that I've already said it a million times, but I'm going to say it again: there's a good chance that most of us won't make it out of this alive. Are you sure that you're okay with this? I could easily arrange for us to hide out in some shelter where we could live out the rest of our days using magic to keep us alive."

"I mean, in exchange for the world population, I'm willing to make the sacrifice," Coco shrugs.

Everyone else mutters their agreement and Cordelia nods. "So, on our list of things to do before the apocalypse: kill every Cooperative member we can find, practice of course, and placing a protection spell around the academy."

"About the protection spell..." I start.

"In the future, Marie told us that Satan attacked the academy before we placed the protection spell," Michael finishes for me.

"Yes, I remember," Cordelia nods. "That's why we're going to place the spell now, that way we get it done before Satan has time to attack the academy."

She stands and leads the way out of her office to take us to the dining room. A group of young witches is already sitting at the table, and they look up at us as we enter. "Girls, we are going to be placing a protection spell around the academy," Cordelia states. "Feel free to try to help if you would like."

The girls begin gathering talismans on the table and Queenie and Zoe prepare to help them. "Oh, Myrtle and Mallory, I need to talk to you two in my office," Cordelia states. "Marie, can you handle this?" she asks.

Marie nods. "I've got to get a few things from my salon first. I'll need some help with that."

She turns to ask me to help her, but Madison speaks up. "I'll go with you," she offers. "I never actually got to see your salon before."