The Maze Runner [Thomas]

summary: the gladers curse mother nature when it starts to rain, but for Y/n, it's a blessing

***

The boys let out a loud groan once they see the sky become grey and little droplets fall on their heads. Majority of the time, the glade was usually sunny and clear, sometimes it would be a bit windy and cooler, but never rain. But there were at least 10 days out of the year when it would rain.

Instantly everyone grabs what they're working on and finds shelter under a roof, not wanting to get soaked. You could see the rain come down harder, small puddles being created in the grass. Everyone knew they were going to have work double the next day to salvage today.

Little groups were formed, talking about anything that was on their mind, other boys just sat alone, taking in the rain.

"Come on Chuck." Y/n called out to her little brother. Y/n had been in the glade for almost 2 years and loved the rain, it had became her favorite weather. From dancing in the rain to jumping in the muddy puddles, it gave her a sense of home. She never remembered much, she knew her name, her little brother and that she loved the rain.

"Not again." Gally muttered as he and the rest of the glade watched Chuck and Y/n run into the rain. Holding their hands as they spin in circles trying to dance.

Thomas just watched his girlfriend with adoration. He had came up 5 months ago and the two had been together for two. The boys joked about how he was whipped to her, and Thomas would just get all grumpy and flip them off, but he knew he was whipped, who wouldn't, she was perfect.

"Tommy!" Y/n left Chuck and ran over to him.

"Y/n/n don't." He pleaded as he saw her run up to her. "These clothes are clean." He knew what she was going to ask, she wanted to ask him to play in the puddles with her.

"Just this once." She pleaded slightly sticking out her bottom lip to pout.

"She brought out the pout and puppy dog eyes." Minho whispered to Newt. "No way he can say no to that."

"Y/n." Thomas sighed.

"Please." Y/n had to pull out all the stops, so in a flash she was able to gain some tears in her eyes that were hanging on by a thread not to fall onto her cheek.

"Oh, don't cry." He cupped her face. "Alright, only a few minutes."

Y/n cheered and wiped her fake tears away and grabbed Thomas's hand and pulled him out to where Chuck still was.

"Let me guess she gave you the puppy dog eyes." Chuck laughed at Thomas.

"Yeah." He sighed in defeat. Thomas turned around to see Y/n a few feet away jumping into a small puddle and letting the water fling into the air and onto to her which caused a giggle from her. Thomas just stood there and stared at her, like she was an angel from heaven.

"Dance with me." She ran up to him wrapping her arms around his neck.

"There's no music." Thomas laughed placing his hands above her hips.

"We'll make our own music then." Y/n started to sway back and forth which Thomas copied. They let the rest of their surrounding go, only focusing on the two in the moment.

"And he says he isn't whipped." Minho chuckled looking at the couple.

"They're in love, Minho. You wouldn't understand." Newt answered.

"I'm in love." Minho argued.

"With what, your hair?" Newt raised an eyebrow. "We all know you have a shuck ton of hair products in your room, more than Y/n."

"Okay fine, I don't understand." Minho replied. "Is it just me, or do you want to ruin their moment."

"I'm thinking about it." Frypan came up from behind them.

The three boys looked at each other with smug grins before running into the middle of the glade where Chuck, Y/n and Thomas were.

"Oi love birds." Fry yelled bringing them out of their moment. Y/n looked at them and laughed and ran towards then grabbing their hands and bringing them towards Chuck and Thomas.

The group of 6 had the time of their life, laughing, dancing, jumping around the puddles. "Alby is going to be pissed." Chuck looked at them.

"Don't worry about him, he'll get over it." Y/n grabbed her brother and the two started dancing with each other. Thomas just watched her with a small smile on his face which didn't go unnoticed by the three boys.

"You love her don't you." Newt nudged his side.

"Is it that obivious." Thomas laughed.

"I think we all knew the moment you came out of the box." Frypan laughed

"She loves you too." Newt told Thomas. "You're the only person in this place who can make her all flustered."

"Yeah." Thomas smiled looking back at Y/n.

"What are you guys doing!" Y/n yelled. "Come dance with us."

———