Divergent [Eric Coulter]

summary: Four and Eric are confused on why their initiates are finally doing good in training, only to find out, they're trying to impress a special someone

***

Neither of them knew why their initiates were acting up these past few weeks. Now, they already sucked before, but know, it's like they aren't even trying at all. Four stood near one of the mats watching a fight, while Eric circled the room in utter disappointment. You could see it on both of their faces.

"What is wrong you people!" Eric yelled gathering everyone's attention. "You people are the next generation of dauntless, and right now, none of you are dauntless material."

It was like his words went one ear and out the other, because there was no improvement, still the sloppy work. Eric just shook his head at Peter who attempted to shoot the can off Christina's head and ended up shattering one of the lights. Eric was fed up, every night he would go back to his apartment and take a cold shower, trying to diffuse his shoulders from the constant tensing.

No progress was made in the past month. Within that time, they got rid of rankings, everyone was at the bottom, so that meant, everyone was on the chopping block. Word got around to the other leaders that the new initiates aren't putting in the work, it was like they weren't dauntless material, and they can't have that.

The moment she walked into the door and caught everyone's attention, it was like a 180. There was no more slacking off, it was getting work, training to get stronger. Four and Eric were confused, for the past month, the initiates haven't work this hard, but all of sudden, it's like nothing happened.

"What the hell just happened?" Eric whispered to Four.

"I think I know." Four pointed towards the other side of the room to see her walking around, taking mental notes of everything that was happening around her.

Y/n Coulter, a dauntless born leader. She was known in the faction, top of her class, ruthless, cut-throat, competitive, everything dauntless could ask for. She could make anything happen around there with the snap of her fingers. And the cherry on top, she's Eric's wife, and even more of a bitch than he is.

"Once I walk into a room, everyone does their best to impress me." She walked up to the two.

"I can tell." Four replied looking at the initiates. "You have a reputation around here, you can make or break anyone."

"Don't worry, I won't get rid of you, not with a face like that." She said playfully squishing his cheeks. Eric rolled his eyes at his wife's cheeky behavior. "I saw that eye roll."

"I don't know what you're talking about." He dismissed her.

"I think someone's mad that they can't get their initiates under control and Max had to call in the big guns." She teased.

"And you ask why I sleep on the couch sometimes?" Eric looked at Four who tried to hide his smile.

"Well I came here to have some fun today, who is your best fighter?" Y/n asked.

"None of them." Eric replied.

"Molly." Four answered.

"Perfect." She smirked before turning her attention to the group. "We're going to have a little spar. Molly step up."

Her voice echoed through the room and everyone's ears perked up. This was their chance to maybe make a good impression on Y/n. Yes Eric and Four handled their training and ranking, but with one little praise from Y/n could move your ranking up.

"Who am I going against?" She smirked scanning the room, she knew she could easily take anyone of them down.

"Me." Y/n answered taking off her jacket and jumping onto the ring. Immediately, the smirk on Molly's face was gone. There was a reason Y/n had an impression, she could knock anyone out in 5 moves or less. "You're the best right, so let's put two of the best together."

"You fight until you drop." Four announced. "And fight."

Molly immediately took her stance, Y/n standing completely still, she was letting Molly take the first hit. With her advantage Molly went for legs, but Y/n was able to glide across the floor. With every hit or kick Molly sent her way, Y/n was able to swiftly move without lifting a finger. This went on for about 15 minutes. Y/n hadn't gave a single move, but Molly was already out of breath from all the energy she had given.

"I tap out." Molly gasped clutching her stomach. Y/n's motherly extinct took over and walked over towards the girl.

"Are you alright sweetie." She asked in an innocent sweet, yet fake manner.

"It's my stomach, I've been having cramps all day." She groaned.

"Oh, I get those all the time." She fake sympathized. "Here let me show you something that helps me. First you place your hand above your belly button and you-" Before she could finish she wrapped her other arm around Molly and kneed her in the stomach sending her down.

"Dauntless never give up!" She told everyone. "You think I got where I am complaining over period cramps, no I worked my ass off everyday, even if I was bleeding out of my vagina. I don't know what you people are doing, but keep this up, you'll all be factionless. We don't keep the weak in Dauntless! Get back to work."

Everyone scrambled back to their original spots, taking what she said to heart, they began to improve instantly, working faster, harder and stronger.

"I'm not even here for an hour, and I already got your initiates back to normal, I think that's a new record." She smirked looking at Eric and Four.

"Yeah, yeah. Talk it all up, because I'm not listening to this when we get home." Eric muttered. Yes he was happy that she was able to get the initiates under control, but with her ego, he wouldn't hear the last of it.

"You're just mad I bruised your ego." Y/n poked his chest.

"No." He pushed her hand away.

"Liar." Y/n mouthed to Four before walking off to watch some of the training.

"I see why you two are perfect for each other, you're an asshole and she's a bitch, it's like a match made from heaven." Four said.

"More like hell." Eric corrected.

———