Marvel [Bucky Barnes]

summary: the grim reaper brings upon death to anyone she touches, so she never really could love someone. (set during IW-Endgame)

***

Being on the run was something Y/n experienced for ages. Running every 25 years since the 1850s, there was someone hunting her. Nick Fury gave her a small sense of security in her life, becoming an Avenger. She first met Bucky when he was still the Winter Solider when she went searching for him with Natasha and Steve, her final SHIELD mission.

The next was after the Sokovia accords, she didn't sign the accords, the government was the reason she was running, it was wrong to be under their control. Bucky stayed in Wakanda while Y/n helped Steve broke out the rest of their team from the prison. She kept eyes on all of them, before joining Bucky in Wakanda.

She always made sure to keep her whole body covered even if it meant sweating in the Wakandan heat. Y/n was uncomfortable in her own skin. The two stayed in the huts next to her, Bucky always trying to interact with her.

There was no denying it, Bucky was good looking, he was someone she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, but not everyone can get the happy ending. The two stayed in Wakanda for two years.

It all happened so fast. New York City was attack and Thanos was looking for the infinity stones. She and Bucky reverted to their old live and suited up.

She looked over at Bucky while he was hugging Steve. He looked happy, even when the world could come to an end today.

The two stood next to each other, a scythe in her hand. She felt something creep her way into her hand. She looked down to see Bucky's metal arm slipped into her gloved hand. Y/n looked up at him with a watery smile, it was the first time she had been touched in over a hundred years.

The battle was something she never experienced in her whole life. She took off one of her gloves, wrapping her hand on any victim that made their way towards her. She looked around making sure none of her team members would be in her way, there was so much tragedy already, she couldn't cause it to the ones she cared about.

The team made their way into the forest, grabbing the stones from Thanos. She watched as each of the Avengers take their try at Thanos only to be thrown away but one of the stones.

"Bucky!" She ran over to him carefully making sure he was okay without touching any of his skin.

It was brutal, watching each one fall and becoming trapped. She looked over to Wanda who was trying not to cry as she used her magic to remove the stone from Vision while also keeping Thanos away, but failing. Y/n watched as Thanos grabbed the stone from Vision's head ripping it out before placing it with the others.

"I told you." Thor confessed. "You die for that." Pushing the Stormbreaker into Thanos's chest.

"You should have gone for the head." Thanos groaned, lifting up his hand, snapping his fingers.

"What did you do?" Thor muttered looking at the destroyed gauntlet. "What'd you do!"

"Y/n." Bucky croaked standing up. Y/n scrambled up to her feet. "I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" She looked at him checking over his wounds. She watched as he dropped his gun, removing his gloves, Y/n widened eyes hoping what she thought wasn't going to happen.

"No." She whispered watching his hands make its way up to her face. "Bucky stop."

She felt warm and the cold as he placed his hands on her cheeks, trying to ignore the sounds of his flesh burning.