Chapter 16: In My Thoughts

"I'm gonna tell you this now, so listen up. If you don't kill Gon within a month I will get a refund from you and find someone else to do it. So maybe that will help you understand your priority."

Those few sentences kept replaying itself in Gon's mind for the past couple of hours.

Hell, he'd be lying if he said it hadn't also been for the past few days as well.

"Sure we've only known each other for the past couple of days, but I felt a strong connection between us. Was that really all a lie Killua?" He mumbled.

Gon suddenly smacked himself in the face.

"Wake up Freecs, accept that he doesn't like you and just wants to see you dead." He ordered.

Well, I could just play along with his plan for now and keep my guard up. I do know martial arts after all.

Besides, I do get a benefit from the situation.

I get to eventually kiss him-

"Gaaaaah why does this seem like a poorly written fanfiction !!" Gon exclaimed.

Aunt Mito began to abruptly shout from downstairs.

"Gon, is everything okay up there?" She yelled.

"Yes, everything is fine!" He screamed back, looking into a nearby mirror to see his face completely flushed.

Fuck, I'm completely whipped.

Gon's phone suddenly vibrated on the nightstand beside him, scaring the living daylights out of him.

"Gaaaaahh!" He exclaimed, before falling off the bed.

"Owwww.." He groaned, before lazily reaching up for the phone, while still on the ground.

His face lit up once he saw the name that appeared on the well lit screen.

"Bakatron 🐁"

Without thinking twice, Gon answered the phone.

"Hello?" Gon answered in a more deep voice than usual.

There was silence for a moment before he finally heard laughter on the other end of the line.

"Baka, why do you sound like that?! Are you sick?" Killua asked, trying his hardest not to burst out into laughter again.

Gon immediately began to feel flustered as a heavy blush made it's way onto his cheeks.

"No I'm not sick, and I had something in my throat!" He exclaimed, trying to fight the second hand embarrassment.

"Sure, sure. Anyways I was just calling to say that I missed you." Killua trailed off, making Gon smile.

"Eh, what was that? Couldn't quite hear you over the sound of you mumbling." Gon said, with a big smirk on his face.

"Gah! Baka, I'm hanging up now!" Killua exclaimed, before truly hanging up the phone.

Gon chuckled to himself once his phone vibrated once more, signaling a notification on his phone.

Bakatron 🐁: Sleep well dumb ass.

Gon quickly typed out a reply.

"No u"

Bakatron 🐁: Asshole! Say it baaack.

Gon laughed at that, and quickly began typing out another response.

"Okay, sorry! Sleep well! :P"

Once he hit send, Gon stared at his phone for a bit.

There's no way he doesn't like me back, based on these messages right?

Should I just flat out ask him tomorrow when we go camping?

But wouldn't it be awkward if he said no and we had to share a tent together?

And even so, Kenji has a hit out on me, so what is he going to do about that?

Gon eventually sighed with how much he was straining his brain, thinking about the situation.

I'll just pack a bunch of knives tomorrow just in case. If he truly wants to kill me, tomorrow would be a perfect time to do so.

I'll find out exactly what your plan is Killua Zoldyck. And you better hope it's to date me.

Gon's door suddenly swung open and there stood a confused Aunt Mito.

"Why are you on the floor?" She asked.

"Long story."