Chapter 23: Cooking, Cleaning, & Chilling

Killua looked at Gon, before nodding.

He still felt sad about the situation and the response in general, but he wasn't going to be a crybaby about it.

"Alright then, so I guess we should sleep now." Killua said, before sliding inside of the tent.

Gon nodded, watching him crawl inside, before looking up at the stars.

Why couldn't I fall for someone who doesn't have a complicated life?

Or just someone I could actually be with.

He sighed, before also crawling inside the tent.

He got into his sleeping bag and zipped himself up, though he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep.

He turned to his side and glanced at Killua.

"Kil, you awake?" He asked.

No response.

He then scooted closer and wrapped his arms around the smaller male, pulling him against his bare chest.

I know this is selfish, but please don't get mad at me.

And with that, he finally drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Killua woke up first.

He opened his eyes, and was about to stretch until he felt some sort of weight on him.

He looked down to find a pair of arms wrapped around his waist.

He instantly tensed up until he turned his head to find a sleeping Gon next to him.

Gah! He's still shirtless and his chest is rubbing up against my back-

Okay, okay, don't freak out, just slowly move out of his grasp.

Killua blushed heavily as he slowly removed Gon's arms off of him and moved out of the way.

"Jesus I'm starving." He mumbled to himself before walking out of the tent.

Good thing I bought the portable gas stove.

Killua turned on the gas stove and quickly began cooking up a breakfast that consisted of oatmeal and sausage.

Soon Gon began to stir in his sleep due to the delicious smell.

Gon slowly began to open his eyes and sat up, sleepily rubbing his eyelids.

"What is that smell?" He mumbled, before getting up and walking outside.

He was greeted by the sun shining on down on Killua's pale skin as he wrapped up breakfast.

Gon found himself staring for a bit, not even realizing it until Killua finally looked up.

"Hey sleepy baka, you finally woke up?" He asked, handing him a plate of oatmeal and sausage.

Gon nodded and chuckled.

"Who wouldn't wake up to the smell of delicious food?" He asked.

Killua chuckled back at that.

"That's true, well I hope you think it tastes delicious too." He said, while also fixing himself a plate.

Due to hearing that statement, Gon quickly picked up a sausage and dipped into his oatmeal, before taking a bite.

He felt his mouth water even more if that was possible.

"God this is so good.." He moaned out, before continuing to eat.

Killua laughed at the sight and shook his head.

"Careful, don't want to choke." He said, before taking a seat on the floor.

Gon rolled his eyes, while continuing to chew down the food.

"So what's the plan for today?" Killua asked with a hum, as he walked with Gon to the nearby river.

The two scooped up water into buckets and began washing the dishes in them.

"Uh, that's for me to know and for you to find out." Gon stated with a wink.

Killua rolled his eyes.

"Why can't you just tell me?" He asked.

"Because it's more fun this way." Gon said, before dumping out his bucket once he was done.

Killua soon followed.

"Alright, back to the campsite." Gon said.

Killua nodded, and the two began making their way back.

Once they arrived Killua dove inside the tent, and laid on his sleeping bag.

"Alright, close your eyes and face the opposite direction."

Killua raised an eyebrow as to question the statement, but complied anyways.

Once Killua turned around Gon took out a star light, a phone projector, and a bag of snacks.

He swiftly climbed into the tent with Killua and zipped it up.

Once the tent was completely zipped up, Gon quickly got to work setting up the star lights in the tent, as well as the phone projector to showcase Netflix, before finally putting the bag of snacks in between their two sleeping bags.

He then sat back to admire his work.

I hope you like this Kil.

"You can open your eyes and turn around now." Gon said, turning to look at the white haired male.

Killua slowly turned around and opened his eyes to be met with the most beautiful scene ever.

The tent was dark in the inside due to the design, so it seemed that Gon took that to his advantage and used star lights to cover the ceiling.

As well as a movie projector to project on the side of the tent.

"Wow, you planned this?" Killua asked, soon also noticing the bag of candy in the middle.

"Yeah." Gon said, sheepishly.

"It's amazing, I love it." Killua said, with a bright smile.

That was honestly the first time Gon had seen Killua smile like that in a while.

He decided that he would need to see it happen more often.

"I'm glad." Gon replied, with a smile.

"Now let's watch a movie!" Gon said, before flopping down onto his sleeping bag.

"You can get first pick."

"You sure?"

"More sure than I could ever be."

A/N: Hello my lovely readers! It's been a while! Hope you're doing alright. Sorry for the late update! Hope you can forgive me PFFT. All jokes aside, thank you all for supporting this story and leaving amazing and funny comments. I notice all of them, and I love you all. I hope I continue seeing you throughout this story and I hope that I can continue making you satisfied and happy with each update. With that being said, see you next chapter!